• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] XP SP3 Error

bloodypotato

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 29, 2006
Michigan
I recently downloaded the release candidate for XP SP3, and when I tried to start up RO the game was fine for a few minutes and then it would freeze but not crash the game and resume after 15 or so seconds. I quit the game, verified cache, deleted clintregistry.blob, and restarted Steam. When I launched the game (tried both fullscreen and windowed), the game did the freezing/unfreezing and looked like this

roerror2.jpg

I'm guessing it's the new service packs problem because of the traditional fixes not working, though any help would be appreciated.

Looks to me like it is running two instances of Steam.

Are you double clicking the icon? Or perhaps is Steam starting when windows starts and then getting reloaded when you start RO?

Make sure Steam is not running. If it is, try running RO from within the My Games Tab in STEAM.

I, for one, keep double clicking icons on my system tray when running Vista. Whoops, two of the same program start up.

Just a thought.

Floyd

Upvote 0