• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

2008 WTF? Your predictions for the coming year.

Nestor Makhno

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 25, 2006
Penryn, Cornwall
OK, well the year of the TW announcement and the 3 mods is upon us.

So lets look into our crystal balls and see what the months ahead hold for the community...

January - During a clandestine meeting at a crossroads just off the I-85, Wilsonam sells his soul to his sartorial role model, Beelzebub, in return for a publishing deal for 'RO2'.

Late January - In an amazing co-incidence all the mods release their open betas on the same day. Like donkeys caught between 3 haystacks the entire community decide that that evening would be best spent doing coursework, or treating the girlfriend to a romantic dinner or cleaning out their dens.

February - The Carpathian Crosses team release the Buffy the Vampire Slayer extension pack. Plans for the first Darkest Hour mod, set on the Eastern front 1941-45, are released.

March - The Mare Nostrum team announce that they have found the perfect voice talent for the Italian commands. Claiming to be an experienced actor with an extensive portfolio of work for computer games, he begins to seem slightly less of a good bet when it is revealed that he was the voice of Mario back in 1992 and has only done the Dolmio ads since.

April - A mod team which had been working secretly on the project unveils to a stunned community the King Tiger - fully modelled, skinned, animated and with custom sounds. Every player in the community rushes to maps with the KT on it, in order to see if it really is true that there was a vulnerability whereit could be taken out by a PTRD at 300 metres.

May - Beelzebub asks for his money back when he realises he got skanked on the crossroads deal.

June - TW announce to a waiting world that they did not actually plan to release a game anyway and that they are all going to pursue other interests. John opens the US's first drive-through rifle range, Bill releases his executive range of bongs and waterpipes, Alan opens a guinea pig sanctuary, Ingmar announces that he is to have a sex-change op and wants to be called 'Ingrid' from now on and Andy returns to his career as an itinerant hitman.

July - erm - the crystal is clouding over, come back later for more news after this announcement:

2008wtf.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: [TW]schneidzekk
I predict another war. And another rigged election in America. Besides that, not much.

Not sure about another war. I think even W knows he can't fight THREE at once.

Kinda agree with the rest though. The election here may as well be rigged, but it won't be. People here in the States are just stupid enough to vote for somebody that has quite obviously been planning on ****ing them anyway. I'll submit every president and Congress elected after and including LBJ as evidence. And that's how we'll end up with Hitlery/Guiliani 'in '08.

Oh, and I predict that sometime in...say, September, TW will come out and announce a 2009 release date for their new project.

Upvote 0
Red Orchestra: Modern Warfare will be announced by TWI. Approximately 1/3 of the forum members will spontaneously combust, 1/3 will write incredibly long winded posts about how TWI have lost their integrity, and the remaining 1/3 won't care because they never venture out of Off Topic. Ever.

And the world will find out this picture
cruise-stauffenberg.jpg
isn't for a film about Stauffenburg.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK - I used a bit of spit and polish on the old crystal ball and the second half of 2008 is coming through...

July - The community mourns as the entire DH team beat each other to death with flip-flops in a bizarre hunting accident.

August - a license to the UE3 engine is found in a dumpster in Roswell, GA. The lucky finder trades it for a gallon of ripple wine to a mysterious figure known as Frank Bigeau.

September - EA announce the imminent release of 'RO Lemmings', a game in which the player has to steer a 'human wave' of Soviet troops past a variety of stunningly rendered cliff-edges, mincing machines, croc pits and England football squad management positions, losing as few as possible to these hazards.

October - A patch making RO compatible with the new Logitech N-15r Noseglove is released over steam. The community complains that the canal in Danzig 'is ranzig'.

November - the After Hourz team proudly release the Hanebu. Slyk reports that the model "is pushing the boundaries of realism in RO and I should know, cos I've actually been in one of these things."

December - Still no word of a new RO

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The real question is: what will happen in 2012
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=4psUkHvcFO8

for this year I think
January: nothing
February: TWI confirms officially they are working on another game
March: RO mods are released
April: last RO update
May: nothing
June: more news about the new TWI game
July: my birthday
August: more news about the new TWI game
September: Ubisoft buys TWI
October: Duke Nukem forever is released
November: the TWI game is put on hold
December: TWI is declared bankrupt

Last edited:
Upvote 0
June - TW announce to a waiting world that they did not actually plan to release a game anyway and that they are all going to pursue other interests. John opens the US's first drive-through rifle range, Bill releases his executive range of bongs and waterpipes, Alan opens a guinea pig sanctuary, Ingmar announces that he is to have a sex-change op and wants to be called 'Ingrid' from now on and Andy returns to his career as an itinerant hitman.

July - I hire Andy to take out my boss. With my free time off I go visit Bill for a beta test of his wares. I leave Bill and pick up 'Ingrid' for a hot date. We swing by Alan's and pick up a few pigs. We drop the pigs off at at John's and have a blast at the drive-through range shooting at the clueless guinea pigs.

August - The Internets Police find me and take away my internets for posting in poor taste. As I no longer have my internets, I could care less about what happens for the remainder of the year.

Floyd

Upvote 0
July - I hire Andy to take out my boss. With my free time off I go visit Bill for a beta test of his wares. I leave Bill and pick up 'Ingrid' for a hot date. We swing by Alan's and pick up a few pigs. We drop the pigs off at at John's and have a blast at the drive-through range shooting at the clueless guinea pigs.

August - The Internets Police find me and take away my internets for posting in poor taste. As I no longer have my internets, I could care less about what happens for the remainder of the year.

Floyd

That HAD to be your 666th post, didn't it?:D

Upvote 0