• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO FORUMS INVESTIGATES!!1: Tripwire's next move?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way!

Look at BiA, theyre still gonna sell by the ship load. As will COD if they go back to WW2! Nothing stopping them from doing that! If they try to go Sci-fi, COD will be a total flop! Well on the pc market anyways.

As the engines get better, the possibilities for even more realism (with sexy graphics) become endless!

I bet if a really good Pacific Theatre mod comes out for Crysis, everyone will get it (Crysis)!!

RO needs to stay with the Ruskies for UE3. It will be amazing!! Especially the vehicular warfare! :eek:

Upvote 0
No way!

Look at BiA, theyre still gonna sell by the ship load. As will COD if they go back to WW2! Nothing stopping them from doing that! If they try to go Sci-fi, COD will be a total flop! Well on the pc market anyways.

As the engines get better, the possibilities for even more realism (with sexy graphics) become endless!

I bet if a really good Pacific Theatre mod comes out for Crysis, everyone will get it (Crysis)!!

RO needs to stay with the Ruskies for UE3. It will be amazing!! Especially the vehicular warfare! :eek:
COD 4 already sells by the ship load....

Upvote 0
It would be nice if the RO dev's would at least let us know if the new game would give us the opportunity to keep mapping for it.
If so it would be a good idea to set up a threat in which we could gather links and info about the new UED3 and its work-flow / ability's etc.
Cuz to be honest the ability to make maps for it, IS the reason i am sticking with RO (and now DH)

so, do we need to get busy with the new UED3? if so i am gonna buy UT3
(for the editor only)

if the new game has no custom mapping support i might just go back to where i begun, UT mapping:D

Upvote 0
I already told that many months ago , but IMHO , if they manage to model a jungle like Crysis does , but with an even better atmosphere , a Vietnam sim could be awesome and make a lot of money .

For those among you who played Crysis at high settings , imagine a larger jungle , even more immersive one with more details and space , if we model most weapons , underground galleries , booby traps , focus on realism of ballistics and weapons , penetration of materials (physics ) , high capacity online servers , man such a game would rock for me ;)

Also , it pretty much settles the problem of modelling vehicles since apart from Choppers , i don't see which vehicles could be useful in the middle of a jungle, so the devs could concentrate their energy on modelling a highly credible jungle and building a realistic game .

I'd love Tripwire to work on a Vietnam sim , it has not been extensively covered , apart from the old Vietcong , but i guess it's probably too late to ask now as they might have started to work on their new project already

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If the new game is not set in an era where bolt action rifles were used (not just sniper rifles), then imo we have lost something that defines RO.

I am slightly nervous about the next move announcement timing - it is getting late ... E.g., last night I played on a server where it was messaged that the server is changing to COD4 :eek:

And we have seen player numbers drop over the past few months. Mods may be able to save the day only if the are released soon, otherwise TWI will have to build up a player base all over again.

Judging from the google map [http://www.red.orchestra.pl/plug.php?e=servermap] of RO servers world-wide (more in Germany now than in the US!), imo the "foreignness of the Eastern Front theatre" argument does not hold. The European player base cannot be ignored. Just look at the latest news about new distributors there.

Upvote 0
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it like this: the game which had more PR and advertisment sells better? And vice-versa? For example, you know terrific game Soldiers: Heroes of WW2? It was sold by so few copies (compared to its potencial), that it isn't even funny - all because of bad PR, people didn't know anything or at least heard about this game.
I think TWI should really start telling: the more people hear and know about their product, the more copies it will sell, imo.

Upvote 0
They are working on Supaplex 3D

supaplex-ss1.gif

supaplex.gif

Upvote 0
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it like this: the game which had more PR and advertisment sells better? And vice-versa? For example, you know terrific game Soldiers: Heroes of WW2? It was sold by so few copies (compared to its potencial), that it isn't even funny - all because of bad PR, people didn't know anything or at least heard about this game.
I think TWI should really start telling: the more people hear and know about their product, the more copies it will sell, imo.

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I played Soldiers for a year before I started playing RO used to pwn in multiplayer my infantry Molotov/bazooka tactics made a lot of King Tiger commanders bail [/FONT]J[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']. No one knows about it because its a Russian game just like "Theatre of War" which is basically an updated version of Soldiers: Heroes of WW2 .[/FONT]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cc5imKIetQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV-oBpbrihs&feature=related

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.