• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TripWire's "next project"

I read once in the "Raising the bar" book (something about Half-Life) and somewhere it said the name was actually random.

It's the name of a physical effect which occurs with radioactive materials.
Because the atoms are unstable they release ionizing radiation (be it in the form of helium nuclei, electrons or protons) to a point where the (often completely changed) element is stable again.

Everytime the radiation is decimated to half of what it used to be, the timespan of this effect is called a half-life.

It's pretty much NOT related to anything whatsoever in the game.

And about the name being corny, well... We (or at least I) used to think that "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" or "The Amazing Spiderman" was cool.
Looking back, it's pretty lame and above all corny.

Yes I do know what half-life means, but I didn't think Half-Life was corny back then. I only knew it had something to do with science and HL was about science too, so I was happy.

Operation Flashpoint? :rolleyes:

I am still the guy who wants the KOREAN WAR ;)

Like OFP but better and more "RO" style.

Upvote 0
50 players with UT3 engine is being a little too optimistic. They're even struggling to do it right now on UE2.5 engine.

Not sure if your being sarcastic, but UE3 is way better suited for 50 player games then UE2.5! With multithreading it is now possible to have more powerful servers with dual/quad cpu's that will be able to handle the higher player count much more easily.

Upvote 0
Rak said:
Red Orchestra Tournament 2008. With Darkwalker replaced with Robo Hitler. Nuff said.

Who do I make the check payable to...? :D

Zips said:
The new game is huge... It's bigger than huge, it's... it's.... colossal.

Therein lies a hint - I just know it

Zips said:
You might just want to go and buy a new 500GB hard drive now.

Kill us with content!!1 I'm bleedin' babay, but I'm bleedin' cool :p

Upvote 0
Winter War, Korean War and maybe the Falklands War are good ideas.

I respect your opinion mate , if it's well done , it would be nice indeed , but what about Vietnam war ?

To me it seems it's much more interesting than Falklands , less of a "niche" war
I don't understand why some want to boycott Vietnam theater ... is it because it involves US army or ? why ?

I don't seee many realistic games that used Vietnam setup , it's a large scale war with many landscapes , variety of situations , weapons ( rifles like Simonova , Mosin Nagant to modern assault rifles , M60 , flame thrower etc..) , splendid landscapes with jungle , undergrounds , rice crops , swamps etc.. many kind of traps , all the RO soldier classes , both sides are quite balanced ( reliable less accurate ak vs less reliable more accurate m16 ) light tanks or vehicles , artillery strikes etc..

Well anyway , luckily Arma modders are working on this , and hopefully it will be compatible with Arma 2 , but with the gameplay of RO that could be something , especially when i see the new Unreal engine graphic capabilities , i'm convinced they could make decent money out of such a game taking place in the Vietnam conflict , as it is one of the major conflict after WWII , well covered with a couple of movies etc.. , so probably appealing for the public . Sry for my English in case i made mistakes .

Last edited:
Upvote 0