• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crazy unoriginal mod idea

Picture this, a mod for RO.

The always fun overdone Zombie idea.

Basically, you spawn as a 10 or 20 player team all in the same location.
You can chose either russian or german, whatever class depending on what weapon you want.

And you have objectives such as getting to a specific location.

But there are bot zombies trying to take you out.
But they are Super Fast Stupid Zombies.
And as they get killed, new ones respawn in whatever random location in the map.

You die, you wait till all humans die to give your life more value.

So there you have your Russian and German soldiers fighting together to survive.

Now I know this is far from original, it's just that it would be soo amazingly fun with the RO Mechanics.

I've always thought a 'mythological' version of RO would be cool..i guess it's the same thing that Wolf3d has done in it's franchise.. Soviets and Germans get certain figures from folk lore and all that crazy stuff that the Reich was supposedly researching.. integrate it with some crazy science stuff.. i think it'd be good fun.

It would be like Secret Weapons of WW2, only with some zombies.

Upvote 0
Well since RO is realism-oriented, I think a zombie mod should be more realism oriented, with as much realism a zombie can have. *coughcough* By realism I mean, by sticking to the way zombies would act if they were real, as portrayed in the Zombie Survival Guide.

First of all, zombie stumble and have the intelligence of a fly. That means we can use bots, since all zombie have to do is walk towards you and try to eat you. That poses a problem to fairness, since we all know just 1 bite form a zombie will turn us in one of them. This will probably have to be condensed into a matter of seconds a la 28 Days Later, since we're really not gonna be playing days. Also, players aren't interested in walking around at walking speed towards a powerful and smart anyway. I'd guess the solution would be running zombies with claws or something.

With bots, it really isn't nessescary to choose random people to become zombies because bots provide adequate numbers. But, to simulate more zombies going to a place where food may be by instinct, each time a zombie is killed, 2 spawn, or every 5 times 1 zombie is killed, 4 zombies spawn or something along the lines of that. Oh, and for Crissakes, don't make newcomers zombies, because that is the ultimate source of frusteration for me right now on the CoD:UO Zombie mod right now, which is what you could play if you wanted an arcadish zombie mod like CSS's. RO is the place for realism if you ask me.

No tanks, the zombie would have no chance. Zombie can't climb ladders, let alone shoot guns.

Also, to really make it authentic, zombies should have Resident Evil like skins, a limp and to eat the would latch onto people and bite them. I guess to shake them would have to but melee+moving the mouse around a lot (you're gonna turn into of them anyway).

I'd like this mod to be taken seriously, because it is an awesome idea, and also because you know, zombies are awesome.

Upvote 0
Shamblers it must be, and you have to brain them to kill them.

Well what's the source of the "zombiefication"? If we're going for WWII and Nazi mythos stuff, we could have regular zombies as bots, but also "ancient" zombies (think the zombie warriors from RTCW) who are the source of the scourge. Players killed by zombies would be replaced by "bot" zombies, while the "player" zombies could get some ancient weapons, move faster, or something.

Imagine the ones from RTCW again, One zombie class could get a gnarly shield that could block bullets and an axe, another would just be a fast unarmored guy, maybe one that could make ridiculous jumps, etc. This and a sea of shamblers.

If it was just all shamblers it would get boring as, well, we've got SMGs and MG42s.

Upvote 0