• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Best way to create Hype?

Fedorov

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 8, 2005
What do you think is the best way to hype a game?

I think the best way is to make an awesome game, sell it cheap, give awesome support to the community, and then say you are working on "something" but you don't tell anyone anything about it... sounds familiar?

anyway, I'm almost in the state of "I'm gonna buy whatever game TWI is creating, no matter what it is"

I've never been so hyped about a game, and I dont even know WTF it is about

Teh media and interwebz.

You could make the crappiest game in the world, but if you manage to spread the word and get everyone to believe that its going to rock their world, you'd have a succesfully hyped game. You'd get massive sales the first day it came out, but then it would bottom out as soon as the word spread that it sucked.

Coarse it could be a good game as well, but the idea is the same.

Upvote 0
1. Write a big list of "new elements that have been never implemented before" which turn out to be just hype-talk
2. Release short pre-rendered or scripted videos that hint to these elements but aren't actually a reality
3. Let mindless game reviewing sites test it and since they're too scared to admit the fact that this game is the same poo in a different package, they just hype it more but mention that "this demo/beta doesn't show game's true potential"
4. Release a developer interview with more BS talk about the game and video clips that try to convince idiots
5. Publish your game, enjoy 9/10 reviews if you're a worshipped developer and live off the sales

edit:
6. Remember to have 10 - 15-year-old fanboys defending your game's shortcomings on your and other people's forums.

Upvote 0
Games lost sentimental value for me when I realized it's just the same old game but with a diffrent context...sometimes. These days popular games are all about WWII or modern warfare. Oh wow, the graphics are better, I don't care, my pc can't handle them anyway so I might as well reinstall Call of Duty.

Upvote 0
Hype, you know it works!

51239768.jpg

Upvote 0