• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Shouldn't I be able to run the game at max with constant 85 fps?

Pinkerston

Sep 11, 2006
Ok, so I recently updated from my old comp:

Ati Radeon 9600 pro
1 gig of RAM
AMD Athlon 2500+ @ 1.89 Ghz
350W PSU
Asus A7N98X-X (or something like that :D)

To this

Nvidia GeForce 7900 GTX
2 gigs of RAM
Intel e6750 Dual Core Processor @ 2.66 Ghz
450W Corsair PSU
Abit IP35-E Motherboard

So sometimes when I'm playing, my fps goes to like 45 or even 40? I read that some guy with a e6600 (worse processor than mine) and with similar specs was getting constant 85 at everything maxed. I'm guessing this has something to do with my processor since ingame graphics settings really don't affect my FPS.

I have installed the latest Nvidia drivers. I heard someone speaking about chipset drivers, what are they, and do they have something to do with my FPS?

Anyways, I love the game, see you on the field.

Gamingnick: bau

Thanks in advance. :)

You should visit the Asus site, select your Main Board and check which Bios version is available.
Bios updates are for MB stability.
If RO is the only game giving you problems, I would try a little more game tweaking before updating your Bios, there is a certain risk involved !

Check out some hardware forums to see if there are problems with MB+ vid card.

Upvote 0
Thanks for reply.

Thanks for reply.

I think I'm not going to try to update BIOS because it looks quite hard and I don't have a floppy drive since I'm still using an IDE Hard Disk :D (motherboard had only one IDE slot) and I'm just 15 years old and don't know much about computers. :p

But hmm, I could try COD 4 demo to see how it performs. (should go fine I guess) So if it works well, the problem's only RO related. It's weird how this game seems to have very much problems. :eek:

Upvote 0
Well, I got same problem as you mate.. I've got a decent FPS but suddently without warning it can begin to drop to horrible levels! These are my specs:

Vendor: GenuineIntel
Speed: 1994 Mhz
2 logical processors
2 physical processors
HyperThreading: Unsupported
RDTSC: Supported
CMOV: Supported
FCMOV: Supported
SSE: Supported
SSE2: Supported
3DNOW: Unsupported

Video Card: ATI MOBILITY FireGL V5200

Memory:
RAM: 2046 Mb

Upvote 0
Hmmm,...

You do have the latest drivers.
Are you running XP or Vista?
Agreed, RO is much more intensive on a computer than UT2004, not an equal comparison.
Leningrad can sometimes be hard on the fps
Do you have any antivirus running or other programs running scans in the background?
Is your video card set to run some sort of global settings or application preferences?

I have a Q6600, 8800GT (512MB) running XP, etc and I don't always run at the max of 85 fps (on highest). Alot depends on the map too. You might be able to get better fps overall, but realistically, don't expect 85fps max all the time.

Good Luck...

Upvote 0
Hmmm,...

You do have the latest drivers.
Are you running XP or Vista?
Agreed, RO is much more intensive on a computer than UT2004, not an equal comparison.
Leningrad can sometimes be hard on the fps
Do you have any antivirus running or other programs running scans in the background?
Is your video card set to run some sort of global settings or application preferences?

I have a Q6600, 8800GT (512MB) running XP, etc and I don't always run at the max of 85 fps (on highest). Alot depends on the map too. You might be able to get better fps overall, but realistically, don't expect 85fps max all the time.

Good Luck...

Running on Xp.
No scanning programs on background, I use Norton Antivirus 2007 though.
I'll check those video card settings.
e6750 should be better than q6600 for RO because it has got a higher clock rate although q6600 still has four cores instead of e6750's 2.

I am missing one fan behind the computer, but my temps ain't that bad. Once I saw my my video card going to 75 Celsius playing STALKER, is that too high? I'm going to get a fan to the back although.

I have a note about the Windows dual core hotfix.

I have installed it many times, but it doesn't show in the Add/Remove Programs. :eek:
Before I installed it again yesterday, I noticed RO only uses 50% of the processor, never goes above that? :eek:

Upvote 0