• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

so he should return the gun and buy a single round of .45ACP?

or are you saying all .45ACP pistols are better than what he likely spent too much money on (it is H&K after all) which would be way off considering the number of cheapo pistols in that chambering that are very prone to problems

it pays to be specific

Okay, Sir Prick, try this on for size: return the HK .40 cal Pistol you recently reported (with pictures) that you purchased. With the money or store credit you recieve from the undoing of that supposed transaction, purchase the same model/series of HK handgun that fires ammunition in caliber 0.45 inch, "Automatic Colt Pistol." .45acp was first widely used with Military Forces starting with the Colt model M1911, and its use was continued until recently when the United States changed to 9mm, as they wanted to agree with NATO. If you ask most people, they will say .45acp has superior stopping power, and the Navy SEALS, the USMC MEUs, and most special operations units in the United States use handguns chambered in .45ACP. I believe you will be satisfied. After all, if they used a round for over half a century, you'd think it would be effective...

(The Navy SEALs use an HK, chambered in .45acp, as their only offensive handgun, as opposed to defensive or backup....)

Upvote 0
Well, I bought it about 8 years ago when I was 21. And I payed just over $600. for an H&K I'd say that is a fair price brand new.

I chose .40 because it is > 9mm and some rounds actually have more energy than .45acp.

The point in having a space-aged composite pistol is to save weight. The H&K .45acp frames are even larger than mine, and the loaded weight is noticeably more as well.

If I get a .45 it will probably be a Springfield Armory 1911. A big-scary that I can drive 16 penny nails, tent stakes, and could be handy for the occasional melee...

I like it better than the Glocks, the SIG's were ok, but felt odd in my hand and way to heavy for what I was looking for.

And **** man, it's an H&K. :D:cool: I could kick myself for not forking over the cool 1K for the model with the threaded barrel though.

Upvote 0
Here it is! I got it a few days ago but it decided to rain most of last week, for once, so I couldn't take pics until today. So here are pics of my 1946 M91/30.
462.jpg

receiver-1.jpg

46shank.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They are lightweight, great little shooters. The only complaints I've ever heard is about recoil. It has an aluminum frame so it's not going to absorb all the recoil a steel framed Mak does. J&G was where I bought these two (top and bottom) so that's the condition they are in. You may or may not get a matching magazine, but the pistol will match.

Upvote 0