• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New system...Must...Brag...

Gunfan9x19

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 28, 2006
USA
Well, I just moved into a new house, and what happened to show up in the Big Brown Truck the night before the move? Only my new PC, monitor, and speakers:D!

Got it setup about a week ago, been real busy with some personal stuff going on, though (while I would like to, I don't think it's a good idea to share any info at this time, though any wishes of good luck will more than certainly be appreciated), so I haven't posted it yet.

No pictures of the system, but, it's the specs that matter, right;)?

Custom Alienware Area-51 7500 with:

-Intel Core 2 Extreme 3.0GHz processor
-nVIDIA 8800 GTX
-Vista Home Premium
-4GB RAM
-Killer NIC Gaming Adapter
-1TB HD space
-Creative SB X-Fi Sound Card
-6x Blu-Ray Drive
-24" Dell widescreen HD moniter,1900x1200 resolution
-Logitech Z-2300 speaker system

Now I can max out the graphics AND say goodbye to all the lag and framerate drops I'm used to (before now my only PC was a laptop, though it is pretty decent for a laptop to be perfectly fair, certainly good enough to run RO).

Only problem is that I've started playing a whole crap load of games all at the same time, and I still need to finish Mass Effect on my 360 (though that is obviously going to wait). I'm currently trying to play Bioshock, Gears of War, Crysis, and Stalker, and I can't wait to start a campaign on SH4, World in Conflict (loved the demo, even though my laptop couldn't handle it at a good framerate) ARMA (bug-filled though it may be), replay Kane & Lynch with maxed out graphics, and, since I never finished it, Vietcong and Fist Alpha. My gaming days are going to be REALLY busy for the next couple of months!

Edit: Forgot to mention that AC comes out in a few months, and as soon as I can relocate my copy of BF2 I have to give FH2 a shot!

In short: Horribly expensive computer, but TOTALLY worth it:D:D:D:cool::cool:!!!

Tell me, the Killer NIC, does it really work?

You know, I'm not 100% sure. I just moved into a new house, and I think the internet connection might be a little bit better in this area (Comcast sucks). However, I can say that I have had very little lag, though, to be honest, I haven't played online a whole lot the last several days. RO's running fairly well, though for some reason I occasionally get stuck on the map and have to crouch away for a second (WTF?). COD4 is almost perfect, though occasionally I will start to lag, but then it's over in like a tenth of a second, not long enough to actually matter. And that's with settings 100% maxed out on both games.

Upvote 0