• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] RO doesn't exit properly & Steam community issue

Wulfhelm

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 23, 2007
Hello!
I have the following technical problems:

1. Every time I exit Red Orchestra, the game is still displayed as "running" by Steam, and a "Redorchestra.ex" task remains in the task list - and cannot be shut down. This also seems to destabilize the entire system, as other programs (like Firefox) soon crash and cannot be shut down either.

2. I cannot access the Steam community from within the game.

Both problems only popped up recently, without anything I can remember changing in the system.

My System:
Athlon 64x2 4000+ Dual Core
1 GB RAM
Geforce 8500 GT with 512 MB
Windows 2000 w/latest SP

I am usually running AVG Anti-Virus and Zonealarm, but I have also tried shutting both down before starting RO, to no avail.

Things I already tried (in addition to checking out the stickies here): Complete re-install. Checking for newest drivers. Checking integrity of RO files.
Can you please help me? Is this an issue with RO or may Steam be at fault?

Regards,

Wulfhelm

At this point I wouldn't know who to point fingers at (RO or Steam). However it is probably best to explore both options untill we narrow it down.

I know over the years we've had a few (just a handful) of people report that RO wasn't being released properly by the system, but they had no problem as I recall closing down the program manually.

Upvote 0