• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
anyone else here besides me a subsciber? if so let me know. i could use some tank support over there.:p also compared to ww2 OL what are the pros and cons since i havent even got to play 1 game of RO "yet". ive already mastered everything over there and are a veteren ace basically. dont know if pics are allowed here...anyways i highly recommened checking this non arcade realisim game out.
ww2ol_006_Panzert38.jpg

Last edited:
think of ro as ww2 online with the mobile spawns pretty close to the action in a place where they cant be destroyed with less latency issues. And maps that look better and have more eye for detail because the devs didn't have to make entire europe.

But because of the short respawn time and always playing and spawning from the same location tactical play is a bit more limited and gameplay can tend to be more arcadey. Tanks don't have gears and stuff but there is a pretty usable penetration system.

Anyway ro is worth the cheap money it is nowadays to give it atleast a try.

Upvote 0
There is a free trial right now, 14 days. Though it requires a credit card to redeem it (you dont actually pay, its just a way for people to not play the game solely through free trials).

Im a current subscriber, in fact; I just got rank 3 in the airforce, so now I can fly Bf-109G-6's (Damn those 13mm mgs and that 30mm cannon is amazing).

Anything on the ground and air Im capable of (rank 6 and 3), so just reach me in game at Sgtr0ck9 or PM me. Maybe we can get some TS going or something.

Coarse, your going to have be playing The Big Bad Germans (aka the underdogs) since Im part of a squad that focuses on the German side.

As for RO its a little half and half. I like the ballistics in WW2OL better, but the overall feel of infantry combat is much better in RO. Tank combat in RO doesn't even compare to WW2OL, but its really a different type of game (and being so, RO's tank combat is one of the best). Everything else is pretty much far and few between kinda thing. Both are very enjoyable.

Upvote 0
Ah, my partner in AF camping! :D

My god, I didn't even realize it was you. That was some good fun last night (and very early morning :p).

That was actually my first ever AF camp, which made our successes just that much more fun. :D

Hey, after we took the AF bunker, Asl and I defended it against a few attacks (until the capture of the city and AF), but did you and everybody else rush the AF/AB and the city?

Upvote 0
There is a free trial right now, 14 days. Though it requires a credit card to redeem it (you dont actually pay, its just a way for people to not play the game solely through free trials).

Im a current subscriber, in fact; I just got rank 3 in the airforce, so now I can fly Bf-109G-6's (Damn those 13mm mgs and that 30mm cannon is amazing).

Anything on the ground and air Im capable of (rank 6 and 3), so just reach me in game at Sgtr0ck9 or PM me. Maybe we can get some TS going or something.

Coarse, your going to have be playing The Big Bad Germans (aka the underdogs) since Im part of a squad that focuses on the German side.

Thanks for the invite mate. I'll be sure to get in touch with you if i decide to take the plunge.

Upvote 0
6 year player. Quit a year ago because of the performance issues (i.e. studders, lag ect..rediculous with a bleeding edge gaming rig on a T1) May wait untill after this beta to see if there is any reason to resub. They should dump the current 90's gaming engine all together, and move forward imho. Good concept though. <edit> AO's and player directed battles killed the game as well, they need to dump that concept.

Upvote 0