• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Witcher

Am i the only one who lost their save games with the new update?

Edit: Turns out I still have them, they are in the game directory and everything, but for some reason they don't show up in the load game menu in the game.

What patches did you have installed? Did you uninstall the last patch? At least the instructions on the site recommend not to remove the old patch. Have you tried something like moving the save games from the folder, starting up game, looking at the load game menu, shutting down the game and removing the saved games back? Worth a try at least. :(

Upvote 0
This game looks awesome, but I'd prefer to buy the uncensored European version on a direct download. I went to uk.atari.com, which had a link to http://boutique.gamesplanet.com/campagne/promo.html?partenaire=15&jeu=TheWitcher&affilie=AtariUK. The problem is that they want 50 Euros for the game, and 70 USD is a whole lot of money for a PC game, especially considering I could get the U.S. Version from Best Buy for like $40 USD.

So, is there a place where I can LEGALLY download the real, uncensored version of this game for a reasonable price?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I haven't had time to read this whole thread but on the demo version, at least, I have found that combat seems to be just random mouse-stabbing.

Is there a tute to tell me what I am doing wrong, or how to do it right, or is that what the combat actually boils down to?

You click once to initiate a combo. Wait for a bit, and you will notice your cursor getting a yellow flame around it, this will be the time to click again.
Fail to click in time, and your combo will be broken. Click to soon, and your combo will also be broken.
Also, if you are quick you might also notice that in the first split second of the cursor turning yellow you might see some orange in it as well... Manage to time your click with that small spot of orange, and you will do a critical hit (and you'll hear Geralt yelling to confirm you did ;) )

Upvote 0
I may be stuck or not, so spoilers ahead!

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[BIGGER SPOILER]

The locations of the Sephirah I can remember.

1 in the cockatrice head
2 in the hospital altar
1 in a swamp cave
1 from Raymond
1 from Kalkstein
1 from Vaska
1 from Leuvaarden
1 in the clay pits

I think the last was in another altar out in the swamp area too.

Upvote 0
Also, kind of a spoiler, but an answer to Werner's question:

Check what the sephiroth that you are supposed to find. If the one you are looking for is the Maal'kaad, you picked that one off of the cockatrice's body in the beggining of the chapter. I'm guessing this is the one that you are looking for because when I did the quest I didn't have to go into the Lionhead crypt.

If you allowed that Siegfreid guy in the sewers at the beginning of the chapter follow you along and he lived, when you first approach the guards at the dike entrance a cutscene should start with Siegfried walking in halfway through telling them that you can pass. If you didn't I'd suggest talking to him at the Order Outpost, right by the Order armorer. Also, if you haven't done already, talk through all Vincent Meis's options to see if you possibly missed something. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
[SPOILERZ]

All right, I feel like an ass: since I didn't want to join the Order nor take Siegfried with me I just had to bribe the guards with 70 orens, stupid me. Thanks for all the tips.

And wasn't it Jethro who wanted his drugs? At least I gave him Fisstech for some useful information.

Now I can get back to acquiring more sephirot.
:D

Upvote 0
Umm, bit of stuck again (no spoilers):

I need 3 Salamandra brooches for you-know-who but I haven't collected a single one of them since I thought I'd grab them when I need them. Well, I know there should be Salamandra thugs in the Temple Quarter at night but I can't find a single one of them. Are there any other areas where I could get 3 brooches or a trainer or something? I fear the 1.2 patch may have removed the random generated Salamandra patrols from the quarter. :(

Upvote 0