• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Forgotten Hope 2 (Release) Thread.

So im considering to pick up bf2 just for the mods however i dont want to pay 35 euro for mods >_>

anyone know a place in the netherlands where i can get it for cheap?

Now, you'll only need BF2 for the Mods.

But instead of getting only BF2, try to get EA Games' Complete Battlefield Collection, which includes in one box (you'll only need BF2 but in the end, you'll pay more if you buy the other games separately):

BF2
BF2: Special Forces
BF2: Euro Force and
BF2: Armored Fury.

The collection came out about March, 2007. Now the expansions were not too great and only add like 5 or 6 new maps, and a few features like grappling hooks, tear gas, and gas masks, plus new weapons and tanks.

Originally, you had to order BF2: Euro Force and BF2: Armored Fury only through EA Games; you couldn't buy them at a store.

I'm not sure which stores you have in Europe (you really don't hear much about Continental Europe in the U.S.; the U.K. a little bit more, but it is usually stories about the Royal Family or Celebrities). But you should be able to buy them at Target, Best Buy, or Circuit City, and since you're buying the Collection, they'll give you a break in the price, and you'll save $$$ if you were to buy these games stand alone by themselves.

That said, there are not as may servers for the expansion than there are for just BF2. But there are enough, and a lot of people play Special Forces which has a couple maps (about 5 or so) which have the SAS and Spetsnaz forces.

But if I was shelling out the $$$, you might as well get them all, because, I imagine, you'll be probably paying the same price if you just bought BF2 by itself.

Caveat: Installing the BF2 Complete Collection was a bit of a pain in the.

EA Games' confusing instructions can leave you wasting nearly 3 hours of a Saturday afternoon trying to install it, and then you have to do it again.

Upvote 0
Now, you'll only need BF2 for the Mods.

But instead of getting only BF2, try to get EA Games' Complete Battlefield Collection, which includes in one box (you'll only need BF2 but in the end, you'll pay more if you buy the other games separately):

BF2
BF2: Special Forces
BF2: Euro Force and
BF2: Armored Fury.

The collection came out about March, 2007. Now the expansions were not too great and only add like 5 or 6 new maps, and a few features like grappling hooks, tear gas, and gas masks, plus new weapons and tanks.

Originally, you had to order BF2: Euro Force and BF2: Armored Fury only through EA Games; you couldn't buy them at a store.

I'm not sure which stores you have in Europe (you really don't hear much about Continental Europe in the U.S.; the U.K. a little bit more, but it is usually stories about the Royal Family or Celebrities). But you should be able to buy them at Target, Best Buy, or Circuit City, and since you're buying the Collection, they'll give you a break in the price, and you'll save $$$ if you were to buy these games stand alone by themselves.

That said, there are not as may servers for the expansion than there are for just BF2. But there are enough, and a lot of people play Special Forces which has a couple maps (about 5 or so) which have the SAS and Spetsnaz forces.

But if I was shelling out the $$$, you might as well get them all, because, I imagine, you'll be probably paying the same price if you just bought BF2 by itself.

Caveat: Installing the BF2 Complete Collection was a bit of a pain in the.

EA Games' confusing instructions can leave you wasting nearly 3 hours of a Saturday afternoon trying to install it, and then you have to do it again.

well.... i dont want those expansions. i just want normal bf2 which i cant find anywhere.

Upvote 0
It's crap just like the other BF2 WWII mods such as BgF. Laggy as hell, unoptimized, unrealistic tanks speeds, 2-D weapon sights, and doesn't even include the Italians. You can't deploy MGs, there seems to be too many tkers, you can't shoot with an attached bayonet, and too much neon colored text is flying around the screen in game. If you have RO don't even bother with this lame mod or any other BF2 mods for that matter.

Upvote 0
It's crap just like the other BF2 WWII mods such as BgF. Laggy as hell, unoptimized, unrealistic tanks speeds, 2-D weapon sights, and doesn't even include the Italians. You can't deploy MGs, there seems to be too many tkers, you can't shoot with an attached bayonet, and too much neon colored text is flying around the screen in game. If you have RO don't even bother with this lame mod or any other BF2 mods for that matter.
What an objective and opened minded opinion of a BF2 mod, im sorry you feel this way but i think RO fans should try FH2 and think a good percent of them will enjoy it i know i have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I tried playing FH2 on saturday. It felt like a remake of FH to BF2 without anything really special D; (and they spent 2 years making this and only got crappy africa campaign finished) After playing Project reality you could find all those horrible things from basic BF2: everybody can drive and fly whatever he or she gets on her hands, arghhh.

Upvote 0
I tried playing FH2 on saturday. It felt like a remake of FH to BF2 without anything really special D; (and they spent 2 years making this and only got crappy africa campaign finished) After playing Project reality you could find all those horrible things from basic BF2: everybody can drive and fly whatever he or she gets on her hands, arghhh.

Tbh 2 years isn't that long seeing the amount of content they managed to get in.

Upvote 0
Managed to play it on a server that had a decent ping for me which is a supprise. What i dont like is the massive area that you spawn in for some flags, bad for defending as you have no idea where you will spawn and you have to check the map to find your buddies and bad for attacking, as you can be making your way to the flag and suddenly half your sqaud is gunned down by someone who just spawned in a building you just ran past thats 30-40m away from the actual flag.

This also can create accidental spawn camping, say your in a building watching over the enemy flag (thats a good bit away)as the rest of your team move in to cap it and a suddenly an enemy spawns in the corner of your room, you kill him and 10seconds later another spawns and so on....

Upvote 0