• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Who Still Plays RO?

Who Still Plays RO?

• <--- Still Plays RO and posts here

Votes: 67 67.0%
  • Couldn't be bothered to play RO but post here for, well, no reason at all.

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • What the f*ck is RO?

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
I've played within the last two months. It was sometime during that period that I got bored of all my games, including RO. I keep meaning to go back and play it, but I usually find something else to do.

I still post at the DoD forums even though I haven't played source since a few months after it was released.

Upvote 0
I still play.

Not as much as I would like, but I still play. RO will continue to be my choice of games until something else comes out that can rival the mechanics of Ostfront. The game is all about competition for me. I couldnt care less if it has WWI skins or Aliens for that matter... what does it for me is the actual skill it takes to be good at this game. There is no other game out there that comes anywhere close to the mechanics of RO in terms of ballistics/flight time, accuracy, Ironsights only, balanced weapon loadout, required teamwork etc. etc.. Every other game has either a crosshair, or hitscan, or one weapon that is head and shoulders more powerful than any other, poor avatar control, gamebreaking map design.. so on and so forth. Nothing else has such a clean, competitive-friendly combination of skill-based mechanics as RO. I'm extremely nervous that TWI will step away from this competitively superior formula and into a more casual gamer type approach (ala CoD4 and TeamFortress2) in hopes to sell more games. Team games in which the provided tools (notice I didnt say weapons, because honestly team gaming can encompass anything) and the provided environments work to foster real skill based competition are, in my opinion, the place to be.

...and all this 'boohoo RO is dieing, goodbye everyone, i remember when it was THIS cool' is just a bunch of self-gratuitous BS. I know that wont be a popular statement, but you'll live through it. RO is poppin' in Europe and Russia - those guys (and gals) are going strong. If you're in North America and you don't get involved with a clan/realism team or, if you're a singular pub guy who looks at the server browser and see's nothing is going on - then chooses not to play instead of, at the very least, trying to seed a server other than 24/7 Aradanzig - then all that is going on is you've become bored with the game. Becoming bored with a game is common; happens to everybody.. but then to come in and make 'RO is dieing' posts is just negatively slanting slop from people who are done with the game themselves. It doesnt serve any purpose except to further drive in the coffin nails for those who were thinking about trying the game (or those who are commited to RO regardless).

Yeah, I still play the game ..and I will until something mechanically superior, something more singly focused on skill based team competition comes around.

Upvote 0
I play it occasionally but other games are taking over atm. I allways return though, sooner or later.
I keep checking these forums every day though, it's the only forum i ever really got into except for the Brothersinarms.nl forum wich is unfortunately down for a great deal of time now, and probably never will resurface, or perhaps only when Hell's Highway is finally out.

A while back it was Rogue Spear, right now it's original Ghost Recon with Desert Siege (unfortunately i never got the jungle thing addon :()

Upvote 0