• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour November Update Pt 1

Aeneas2020

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 23, 2006
November Media Update Part 1:

Well I have to admit it's been an interesting month. The guys at DH have been working as hard as ever. Due to computer problems on my end this 1st release isn't exactly what was planned. However we do have some exciting news to announce. Firstly this is the only half of our November media update (so another update even bigger and better than this one will be arriving soon). I should point out that this media update is in the form of 2 posts because it's so big!

The Maps:
Anyway to the update...Dark-Light Games (thats the DH dev team for all not in the know) are proud to unveil some exciting new media. Firstly we have a new shot of Stalker/Schutzesepp's outstanding infantry map Brecourt. For all of you who have seen this time and time again I can assure this map (as with all of them has received a face lift) along with new 105mm guns, courtesy of Nights2006.

You'll also notice TWO brand new maps that will have you drooling with anticipation. First off is a combined effort from the dynamic duo of Fennich and Exocet, Carentan Causeway. I can say with extreme confidence that this map (as with all our others that have been reworked), is completely accurate down to the the actual topography of the land. Each map is worked from hundred of photographic references, battlefield accounts, maps and aerial photos to bring astounding accuracy. This map is already a favourite amongst testers.

Our second new map is by Tumbleweed (famous amongst the RO community). St Lo offers intense urban combat in the form of a combined arms map. The level of detail is astounding to say the least. The rain soaked streets make even the hardest player uneasy, fearing ambush and sniper attacks.

I'm also excited to tell you guys that our trademark Dog Green map has received a huge makeover. Particularly to the area behind the beach...in this update there are a few sneak peaks at the buildings beyond the sand. Also Killer9999 has been working hard on St Fromond and our latest shots show how well this infantry map is progressing.

Last but not least in an effort to help out those of you who may find it hard to find your way around some of our maps (when our release comes). We are including "map objective sheets". This months map is Dog Green Beach i hope you enjoy these as much as I enjoyed making them.

Scopes, Nades & Tanks...OH MY!

Continuing on from above we have several new weapons to add to the DH armory this month. You may notice that 4 of these weapons all explode rather nicely. The list includes the US M2 “Frag” grenade, the M18 Smoke Grenade, TNT and a Bangalore. The M2, TNT and Bangalore are pretty obvious additions to DH. Many of you may also be thinking the smoke grenade is also. But if I told you it was coming in a variety of colors you may think twice. The reason behind this is still a closely guarded secret (wait for our next update to find out).

The latest rifle to be added to DH is the M1903 Springfield. This sniper rifle finally gives those Gis a chance to take on the German snipers at long range and since we got it in game people have been fighting over who gets it. A big thank you to Apekop for the model (and I, Aeneas2020, did the texture but thanking myself seems a bit arrogant and weird). Anyway as an avid fan of sniper rifles this is one mean piece of kit.

Finally enjoy some in game action shots from various maps showing: the Sherman, Sherman VC Firefly, GI model, Tanker model, Tommy Gun, Garand, LCT and Higgins in game.

Until Next Time...

See you on the field,
Aeneas2020

Last edited:
Upvote 0