• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TripWire's "next project"

Meh, Armed Assault's campaign stinks.
Old Operation Flashpoint is way better.

I didn't mean that RO should have ArmA campaign, I said like it. With the current AI it's pretty much impossible to get the bots do anything without scripts. Hell, even in multiplayer they need scripts to move from point A to point B.

Upvote 0
I think that a Vietnam sim would be a cool theater for the net Tripwire game , or Afghanistan 1980's .

Problem with the Vietnam theater , is that they'd have to put a lot of work to make a credible jungle visually , otherwise it'd ruin the pleasure . I'd love such a game in the jungle ,with all trees and plants destructible , a beautiful and realistic forest , realistic lighting effects , dynamic wheather , day/night switching in real time and a wildlife , a bit like what i've seen in videos of the game Crysis , but further enhanced .

Could make for some great multiplayer experience , if they make large jungle maps with good objectives , villages , underground networks , booby traps etc..

Upvote 0
Well I will add my two cents in. I hope that they are working on RO:2 and that they improve greatly on the game itself. RO is the best WWII FPS shooter to ever be made(IMO). With the newer game engine they would be able to include features they probably were not able to with the first RO. There are many franchises that have created cheap WWII games. Tripwire produced a top quality WWII FPS simulation that has not been matched. I hope they continue that approach. The new game engines are allowing developers to incorporate features that in the past they could not dream of. I hope that they follow through on the same kind of industry smashing ideas that made RO a great success. If they just simply added new weapons and vehicles to the game this alone would incorporate a new game play. The RO community has been able to adopt all kinds of game play through the great maps and vehicles that are presently available. Adding more with newer game features would only make RO:2 a smash hit(IMO). I wish them the best of luck with their next project.

Upvote 0
Personaly if the game is before the Civil War (American;)), or after the Korean War I won't buy it.

Personnaly I really hope it is WW1, because that really has been a neglected war in PC gaming (heck, gaming period), all because so many people have the conception that it was just Western Front Trenches/stalemate. But it wasn't, there were many active and moving battle, and many more fronts then the Western Front. Although a Koren War game would be cool.

In the end I know one customer won't make a difference to TW, but if it's not 1860-1953, you've lost one customer.:(

Upvote 0
Personaly if the game is before the Civil War (American;)), or after the Korean War I won't buy it.

Personnaly I really hope it is WW1, because that really has been a neglected war in PC gaming (heck, gaming period), all because so many people have the conception that it was just Western Front Trenches/stalemate. But it wasn't, there were many active and moving battle, and many more fronts then the Western Front. Although a Koren War game would be cool.

In the end I know one customer won't make a difference to TW, but if it's not 1860-1953, you've lost one customer.:(

I'll buy two copies then.

They have to take a war which offers a bit of variety in the battles for example a game about the Falkland War would be an bad idea because the war lastet for maybe 6 months and it was a rather boring war but on the other hand it shouldn't offer too much variety (for example pre Operation Barbarossa because the Germans would maybe face five different armies and TWI hasn't enough manpower to make so many player models etc.) therfore I think the Korean War would be an good scenario, WWI would also be good and so wars I can't think of right now too ... (maybe ;))

Upvote 0