• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Portal (possible spoilers in replys!)

Ive now done all the advanced maps and i have gold on the challenge maps for "least portals" but my word it took some dexterity and lateral thinking in most cases. (appart from 18 which i did in 20 portals but gold is 16 and i really can't see where to drop the extra portals.)

As for least steps and time im struggling to get bronze for most of these.

Upvote 0
Portal is superb fun.

Finished it last night and loved the ending credits, haven't started the bonus maps yet.

The best part is, I'm surrounded by people in the office who own xbox 360's so I can spoil all their fun by describing how brilliant it is and explaining how to complete all the tricky bits, hahaha! Most have pre-ordered but have to wait till Friday before they can try it.

Upvote 0
OK finished the game. Honestly as the end approached it became pure torture and I had to force myself to finish it. It wasn't that hard, but it was just totally un-fun. And I was constantly distracted by better games that are more fun including Valve's own TF2, travelling & other non-PC activities (so you don't think I am stupid, although you may well might :p)

End credits are probably the best part of the game.

Puzzles are not too hard, but they reminded my why I hate puzzl-ish parts in HL2, and why IMO puzzles don't really belong to a 3D FPS-ish games. OK I know, you all disagree, whole world disagrees, and probably all game reviewers disagree.... I am a grown man I can live with that :D

One thing Valve should be praised for. They probably milked what is really weak concept for all it's worth. They actually managed to build a story, roles, and whole virtual world around boring puzzles that most people play on Flash game sites. It actually works! It's not the "best game ever" but considering how weak was the material they had to work with it works surprisingly good.

I rated the game 74% in the mag I occassionally write reviews for. Nice game, fairly priced, fun for couple hours, but I still think my rating is the lowest any reviewer ever awarded to the game :cool:

(Do I get a CAKE for that achievement? LOL)

Upvote 0