• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Red flag as weapon?

I request the Red Flag as and Option to be selected as an soldier in the red army. Maby make it a class, 1 or 2 in your team can have it.

If some one could model and import it to to game plz, it would bring a lot of feeling to the game and fun moments I belive.

Would be fun to charge the german position with the red flag, and if you dont draw all your fire on you and get shoot ( wonder how long you surrivied) you might even get close up on a german and bash the flag in his head.

" For The MotherLand ! "

:)

I don't really know if this was historically true but would be really fun to have a flag carrying class complete with "FOR THE MOTHERLAND CCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEE" voice overs and a melee flag attack system only available for the Stalingrad map. :D

Upvote 0
Maybe make him have a 5-man cap influence so if the flag bearer gets in the cap,the Russians are teh win.

That could work, or treat the flag like a satchel charge so when killed it plops to the ground & there is a little time for another to pick it up. (not the axis tho!). Plant it in a specific location.

Altho not exactly historicaly accurate & this will result in a blood bath for the Allied soldiers "thrown into battle". I think it could capture a moment in stalingrad when things where so grim for Russia... they only had blood to to fight the German juggernaught with.

Upvote 0
When I was a WW2 reenacter,we had several Russian vs. German Reenactments.It is a very big adrenaline rush to have 50+ people in Russian uniforms Doing an UURRAAHH!! charge Lead by someone Bearing the Red Flag.

We tried to be Historically accurate by doing the Human Wave attacks vs. the German positions.And of course ,there were a few Political officers that brought up the rear and would shoot anyone that refused to move forward.:D

And as for RO ,It would be cool to have a few battles where the Russians did human wave attacks with one guy in front carrying the flag.

Upvote 0
I reenacted years before that "Hollywood" movie ever came out.Those people that reenacted were in the HRS (Historical Reenactment society) or TSG (Tactical studies group) or both.They were real sticklers for Historical accuracy.They would not have tried to recreate any ww2 behavier,unless it was accurate.

Ask them to give some sort of documents which will give examples of such attacks: rushing in masses with flags and shooting the cowards at the same time. It should be soviet document, because I've seen several German ones - in one of them guy tolds how russians atacked without any weapon (at least they weren't shooting), they just held their hands together and run towards their MGs.
I'm sure you will easily find these AAR - it did happen in RL, if you are portraying it, aye?

Upvote 0
I reenacted years before that "Hollywood" movie ever came out.Those people that reenacted were in the HRS (Historical Reenactment society) or TSG (Tactical studies group) or both.They were real sticklers for Historical accuracy.They would not have tried to recreate any ww2 behavier,unless it was accurate.

You do realize that history is only a set of lies created by the winners of the war?
Russian historians mostly disagree with western ones on what really happened.
Point is, what someone thinks is historcal accurate is most likely not, especially when it comes to human behavior. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0