• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Portal (possible spoilers in replys!)

spraduke

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
wiltshire
www.spraduke.co.uk
So just finished playing portal which btw is simply the best game ever made, well it would be if it wasn't short. I completed all the primary levels in 2.4 hours but there is a challenge mode which will no doubt add more hours to the game. The story line and general atmosphere are excellent and there are some real laugh out loud moments.

Puzzles are challenging but no so much that your head will bleed grey matter :D and theres nothing quite like flying across the room catapulted by a portal. There is even a bit of tie in to the HL universe near the end which is nice.

The most original game in a very long time and i look forward to user created maps or more released from valve.

Went through the first 7 tests this morning and I like it. Gradually gets more difficult, and I love the overall mood and setting. Actually made me laugh a couple of times with it's dark humor.
As to how long it lasts, I think the game is meant to be played through multiple times. There's achievements to be earned, and they also included stuff like timed trials among other things.

Off subject, I think I'm going to create a sister-thread to this one for Episode 2.

Upvote 0
415a29961029340be8e954cc6c1d6bc3a29cc964_full.jpg

^ my steam ID picture

Upvote 0
Just finished it and now I'm doing the Challenges. I don't know if I just suck or what, but just the Bronze level challenges are testing my abilities to the limit. Haven't been able to do a single Silver level challenge yet because they're freaking impossible. Anybody else having the same predicament? I think some youtube videos on how to do the toughest stuff would be helpful.

Upvote 0
OK, really am stuck now.

I'm a "partygoer". If you don't know what that means, you haven't got here yet.
I've escaped the fire and been running around behind the scenes. I've gotten just past the rocket firing ball on a stick. At the end of the corridor is a room with a large glass window, and I can see a painted direction. But I can't portal through the glass. How do I get past this room :(:confused::mad:

Upvote 0