• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

GeForce 880 GTS

Jamer

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 14, 2006
Canada
I'm sorry if I missed it but I looked around and couldn't find anything. I just got myself a new rig with this card and it is stunning. For me anyways. I realized that my fps seemed to cap out at 85. It stays lit like it can't go any further. Is there a way to unlock this or is that it?

I'm sorry if I missed it but I looked around and couldn't find anything. I just got myself a new rig with this card and it is stunning. For me anyways. I realized that my fps seemed to cap out at 85. It stays lit like it can't go any further. Is there a way to unlock this or is that it?

Are you talking of the RO frame rate?

If yes it is because of the engine limitation of the UE 2.5 (in multiplayer) so nothing wrong with your hard ware.

Upvote 0
Yeah above 60fps is not really yielding any big noticable in game benefits. What I would do if I had a UBER system is I would run with V-sync on so you always get a uniform framerate and none of this "up & down" inconsistent framerate. But since my PC is weak I need V-sync off to maximize my framerate. But you should try turning it on. A steady 72fps (or whatever your monitor refresh setting is) is hugely better than an up & down yo yo framerate.

Upvote 0
OK thanks guys. Yes it is the RO fps. When i disconnect and the screen goes black it's jumped to over 2000. V-sync and triple buffering are both on and I'm running at 70hrtz. Thanks I appreciate the info. By the way would 75hrtz be better for my eyes?
Theoretically I've heard the higher refresh rate the better for your eyes relief. I use 72hrtz. I heard it's a law in Europe where work computers, public computers etc have to be set at a minimum 70hrtz for the users well being. Yeah I would use at least 72hrtz just to be safe but if your Comp has UBER power and your video card has the muscle then try 75 or above.

EDIT: Wait you say your framerate tops at 85 (the apparent engine limit online) but you are running a refresh of 70hrtz? It sounds like your V-sync isn't actually enabled.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The online play has a framerate cap, the practice mode is not capped. I get over 100 fps in practice mode.

RO is CPU intensive, I have an e6850 C2D and RO taxes its ***.

On some of the huge maps my fps dips below 85 frames. My rig...

CPU:Intel e6850 C2D 3.0
MoBo:evga nvidia 680i A1
Memory:OCZ Reaper PC 9200 DDR2 1150mhz x2 gigs SLI Ready
Video:evga 8800GTS 340 Superclocked 576mhz

Upvote 0
Only one 8800? ;)
Yes, I'm savin' up for the new 8950x2 or whatever the big dog is gonna be called next Christmas. At present all I need is 1 GTS to play RO, there is no other games out right now I want to play that need 2 cards.

Or I may pick up a second GTS when they hit the $200 mark. They are $280. now at Fry's in San Jose, that price and their 30 day Satisfaction Guarantee are very tempting right now.

Upvote 0
Thanks again guys. It sure seemed plenty fast enough I was just wondering why it was capped, and was curious what this baby can do by those who are using it. It's all new for me and realized that I've been talking with new people too in the last week.

I got my first pc about 2 1/2 years ago because I might as well catch up with the rest of the world. Then I discovered online gaming..................

This is my old rig: - AMD Sempron 1.8Ghz
- AsRock Motherboard DDR
- 80G hard drive
- 2G ram
- ATI Radeon 9550 256MB
- some other stuff that got me by

New rig: - Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 64bit DualCore (2x2.33Ghz 2MB Cache x2)
- eVGA Nvidia nForce 650i Ultra Dual Channel Dual PCI-E Quad
- Seagate 250GB 7200RPM (SATA2 8MB Cache)
- OEM 350/450w ATX
- Coolermaster eXtremePower RP-500-PCAR (1x 120mm, PCI-E, ATX2.01)
- Coolermaster Centurion 5 (USB2.0/Firewire, 120mm & 80mm, Black & brushed stainless 380wATX)
and of course
- GeForceGTS Superclock 320MB HDTV

So you could imagine my eyes, HUGE difference. It's like a whole new game.

Upvote 0