• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Low FPS

Kalevi

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 17, 2007
I'm new here (but not in game), so hi! :)

Is it normal for me to have FPS around 15-25? My specs are:

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ (2,4Ghz, still single core)
2Gb DDR RAM (dual channel)
ATI Radeon x1950 Pro (PCI-E)

I've had LOT better fps in for example HL2 and even Bioshock, so why does an almost-old Unreal engine make my comp act this way? I've tried defragging, reinstalling (drivers & game), even some minor overclocking, but no. My temperatures are bit high but nothing that should make a big difference.

I've tried messing with graphic options but haven't seen any effect no matter what I do. Is it just my CPU then? But it's not supposed to be THAT bad!(?) :confused:

Cya in game! (Changed my nick from Kalevi to Mjr.Dandelion)

Well that's fps I'd expect to get too :( Any devs here who could help? Or just wise Mr. Nobodys?

In interior spaces (hallways and such) fps might climb to ~30-40, but that's also kind of rare.

HELP!

Mine is tad different, it can be as high as 80, i cannot see any damn reason or pattern why sometimes the fps are low sometimes high. watching the same corridor other way can give 80 fps and turning and watching other way will drop it to 25.. graphically similar. :confused:
I thought maybe its the sounds but ive tried every possible setting, only getting fps worse. I suggest you go throught the sound settings too if you notice difference. Highly frustrated.. i just so wish i could still play the game with no issues like i did for almost a year.

EDIT:Ive come to the result with my system that 50 player servers are simply too much for me, doesnt matter.. I like 32 player servers more anyway.. cant take the endless chaos maps.. Works better in games where the soldier you control is a tad more agile and maneuverable in my opinion.. still love RO.. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
After the last update I set video options to default and then worked from there on, (do this in practice mode, then quit game).

Keep in mind that UT/ RO likes to run at the same resolution that you have set for Windows;).

The thing with me is that i get simply the same fps if i take everything as low as it goes or if i almost max it.. :eek:

Upvote 0