• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation RF8-Gaz98 Model

It weighs in at a smidge over 4k Triangles, and is probably the best model i've done to date.. which is a personal pride thing for me.. but overall it's probably no where near what alot of people can do.. and it probably could use some specific optimizaiton/cleanups..

I've been sitting on this for a while, so if someone wants to UV/Texture this sucker, lemme know.. else I'll consider giving up to a good home.

My orginal intention was to rig it with the correct break/steering actions.. but if it happens, it happens.. if not.. meh.

Note the DT isn't added since i was just gonna rip the existing DT from the UniCarrier to add it on.. no reason to duplicate what's already there..

rf8gazupperrightsidejp9.jpg

rf8gaztoprightrearcw8.jpg

rf8gazrearleftdetailhl5.jpg

rf8gazleftfrontdetailxj8.jpg

WAAARRRRGGG, what is there to animate on this thing? Basic, very basic riggin is about the most. The fan would most likely be controlled by code anyway (at least i wouldnt use an animation for it since its way too much hassle). Rudder etc, would also be controlled by code, the only thing that comes close to animating is to place the player in that thing.

I think the rig could be done in about 2 hours focused work. (Drax most likely knows that though :p )
As for the coding, hand the thing 4 wheels where the skis are (no, those wheels arent visible, you also dont see the actual wheels on tanks too)
Make the front 2 steering wheels, the back 2 powered and off we go.

Upvote 0
WAAARRRRGGG, what is there to animate on this thing? Basic, very basic riggin is about the most. The fan would most likely be controlled by code anyway (at least i wouldnt use an animation for it since its way too much hassle). Rudder etc, would also be controlled by code, the only thing that comes close to animating is to place the player in that thing.

I think the rig could be done in about 2 hours focused work. (Drax most likely knows that though :p )
As for the coding, hand the thing 4 wheels where the skis are (no, those wheels arent visible, you also dont see the actual wheels on tanks too)
Make the front 2 steering wheels, the back 2 powered and off we go.

Yeap.. basically.

I can do the animating and coding on it.. (which is why I was only saying that I need a UV/Skinner).. getting it 'perfect' would require alot of tinkering.. but getting it in-game and usable wouldn't be to hard at all.

As for the push-prop.. yes.. my intent was to was, when it's spinning, just make it a rotating texture.. i have a feeling trying to actually rotate that thing would cause it to sap some GPU when it doesn't need to be doing it.

Upvote 0