• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ROO pointless if your not a clanner?

If you may be interested in clanning, visit us at IcM (thanks for the recommendation Cosmic, missing you already:p)

we're very informal, usually a bit drunk, but try to do well in matches, and often go raiding, ie playing together or against each other and using teamwork on pub servers

We're british based but have a full set of scandinavians as well as a few cloggies, most og whom are very active, sometimes too active :)

Upvote 0
Tbh i find voip to be very frustrating while pubbing, we have had to use it from time to time while playing matches with clans that don't have ventrillo and it's allost impossible to get you message across at times. That said though some of my fondest games have been on public particularly when you are playing with players you know.

Clan play is not for everyone, but it all depends on how bad you want to play constructively. I play alot of different games as a pub and allways wish i could play a particular game as a team/clan member. Alass though as i play in =IcM= and an Arma tounament, i can't play any more clan type games

Upvote 0
VOIP sucks.. sometimes mine gets turned on.. were talking to my parents and sister and you know what.. VOIP was on.. i didnt even touch that button.. never use it..
and it's allways to low in volume.. and no i dont wanna turn down game volume when somebody wants to speak something i dont understand cos i cant hear it anyway..

Ventrillo and teamspeak is the only alternative.. and RO is pointless without a clan;) well much more fun with a clan atleast

P.S anyone playing on that DPG-clan server im sorry.. didnt mean to VOIP spam!

Upvote 0
rgn_svr_logo.png

Reactions: Placebo Cyanide
Upvote 0
Only sometimes

Only sometimes

Yeah, I do miss the Splat server from when it was popular, had some great games.

Since I only play pub servers, I can't really compare, but I've had some great teamwork on pubs before (admittedly only one in ten) :)

Although on any 50-player sever, you'll very rarely see teamwork happening for more than a group of 6-7 players of a whole team, but that can be enough to make the winning difference ^_^

Upvote 0
Mike_nomad,:

In case you didnt notice I clearly said that I'm an european so perhaps you'd want to moderate your "Pure FRAG - NO LAG!" statement :p 250ms isnt "NO LAG", so hah! :p

/DFN

Wow 250??? that's sad... Jump on the server and try it. You are welcome to do so. We have players from the UK and Germany that come in all the time at 120 -180 and have ZERO problems. :)

Upvote 0
Not pointless without a clan...

And I think North American servers are worse then the european ones...
I am in Canada, and I somewhat enjoy the gameplay a little more when my ping is in 140 to 180...

With that said, I cut down RO a lot... I just crave it every once in a while so I jump in and play the way I always do... like a lonewolf who will gladly folow any Leader.

The frustration is to be expected because this game does require a bit more tactics and team coordination... and yes, it is simply annoying to see the lack of it.

As you said, you can find a decent active clan or jump in the Iron Crescendo Tournys for a far more rewarding experience.

I tried to jump in a clan more then once... but I rather not considering how mentally unstable and unreliable I am... (Gaming commitments have dropped a lot in my priority list)

Upvote 0
my advice to the problem is this:

add a few of the mainstream clan tags to your buddy list, like this:

*fullmj*
*core*
*project*
*13th*

this means that your buddy list will now contain servers that have high quality players on that you may co-operate with in game.

although expect to find yourself respawning more often :D

Upvote 0