• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Can someone help me with my MOM

Divinehammer

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 9, 2006
Sunny, Obamalot
Okay this is what I have currently in my MOM

Setup:
I have 4 objectives 0,1,2,3
Objective Flow
|
/ \
2 3
Objs 0 and 1 are initially owned by Allies and set to not recaptureable The problem is that obj1 will not gray out even though I have set it to non recaptureable. How it is supposed to work is Axis capture 0 it lights up 1, Axis captures 1 it lights up 2 and 3 for capping and grays out 1. Thus leaving 2 and 3 open for capture now objs 2 and 3 are recaptureable so you have to cap and hold both for an Axis win. Either I have a flaw in my map or I need some more instructions in my MOM to get it turned off. Can anyone help me out here. Thanks.

You don't set the initial state of an objective in the MoM, unfortunately. I can't recall exactly where that is atm (I'm at work) but there's a flag that turns off objectives at the start of a level. Set that and you should be golden.

Your setup is actually a pretty easy one as far as MoM is concerned. You literally don't have to do anything for objectives 2 and 3. Off the top of my head, you could probably do your setup in 2 entries in MoM: one to turn on 1 when 0 is capped, one to turn on 2 and 3 when 1 is capped.

Let me know if you have any more problems.

Upvote 0
when the map start they are all grayed out except the first one which is correct. So I think that I have already set those properties I will have to look again when I get home. The MOM entries are working correctly everything is lighting up as it should just when 2 and 3 activate 1 does not shut down. That is the only problem. I dont want three Objs in play just the last two. So do i need to enter an instruction in the MOM that says deactivate or something. Having the Obj1 set to not recaptureable should gray it out I would think but it is not doing that.

Upvote 0
Hmm, the recapturable flag should take care of that.

You may want to check the number of total objectives you have set in the level. It may be that the engine is being a smart *** and not allowing objective 1 to disable because it believes there are only 2 objectives in the level?? Hmmm.

I suppose you could try an entry in MoM that disables obj 1 when it is captured, but that shouldn't be necessary.

Upvote 0
you have to set the initial state in the properties of each objective seperately (the big R icons) i get problems when i set "active at start" on false, so i leave em all on true and let the objectivemanager take care of them.

and the recapturable function is also set in the properties of each objective. not in the manager

Upvote 0
What would that look like I would put in
as_deactivate
axis obj to modify
axis reqobj
and put it at the end so that hit turns on 2 and 3 first and then turns off 1
Does that sound right?

That should do it, I think. It's a simple enough thing to try, anyway.

As a workflow tip, I generally try to get my objectives working in a separate, builder map. It can be kind of a pain rebuilding to get the objectives to work, so I want a map that will rebuild fast. Then just cut and paste the objects into your real map and reposition.

Upvote 0