• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

C++ Runtime Error After Newest Update

===

===

I have the older 9000 and my game mysteriously started working, and I have no idea how it happened. Or at least I reinstalled the already installed DirectX9.0c, which finished and required a restart. I also tried the 7.8 driver for the newest graphics cards which aborted. Next day, wham, my dxdiag says I have direct3d and Red Orchestra works. Maybe you guys with Radeon Cards can try that.

Also, before I did that, I reinstalled Red Orchestra with my game disk not steam (last time I reinstalled it just re-downloaded it from Steam).

http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21860&page=2

Why ????

Upvote 0
Same problem (Visual C++ Runtime Error as I launch the game), tried updating drivers, DirectX, Deleting System files and re-download, Zets fix didn't help (tried to remove the ; in front of every single line to make sure...). Here's my machine specs:

P4, 3.2 Mhz
767 RAM
Windows XP Home
Nvidia GeForce FX Go5600
No routeur
Windows firewall... not that it matters at this point!

Anything else I should provide!?

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Here is the error I'm getting, I hope someone can find a fix for me:

Runtime Error!
Program: ...m\steamapps\common\redorchestra\System\RedOrchestra.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information

Here's the information from the DxDiag requested to be ran:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 9/6/2007, 20:49:55
Machine name: HAL-9000
Operating System: Windows Vista

Upvote 0
this fix works.

this fix works.

Try the following open your redorchestra.ini

find this:

[Engine.Engine]
RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
;RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=PixoDrv.PixoRenderDevice

and try changing it to:

[Engine.Engine]
;RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=PixoDrv.PixoRenderDevice

and try setting bloom AA and AF to 0 in the redorchestra.ini incase its on.

Upvote 0
The only reference to 'bloom' I can find in my .ini file is the last line of code in the [WinDrv.WindowsClient] section. Sorry to sound like a newb, but it's a True/False setting.

Also, I did copy and paste the above section and it did not work. My graphics card is DX10 ready, could this be part of the problem?

Are there any known other attempted fixes, or am I SOL until a solution is found?

Thanks for the help,
Lengerman

Upvote 0
I have the same problem. Crashing at startup:

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2015 MHz with 2045MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS (6344)

General protection fault!

History: UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Edit: My problem is probably unrelated. Seems to have been caused by this update: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940105
I uninstalled it and now RO works again.

Attachments

• DxDiag.pdf
    84.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well steam just updated and i get the fkin runtime error.. tbh i aint even gonna bother going through the usual fixes again. they dont work. it aint my frickin fault sick of verifying the cache etc etc..:mad:

greets snake..

EDIT: changed the steam default colour and RO works ROFL... man i hate steam.. the new interface is buggy as hell..

Last edited:
Upvote 0