• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Omg! (Trouble with new members)

Floyd

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Waterproof
www.ro50pc.net
I am all for the new blood in the game, but tonight's full moon had to have been a contributing factor to the mayhem.

I had one fool "Swifty" (ROID available upon request) that had a -26 score before I could ban him. I don't know how he got that score and was still in the game. All nade kills at spawn, maybe?

In the following 10 minutes, I must've begged/pleaded/instructed and ultimately kicked/banned 4 or 5 more. I'm being extremely lenient, compasionate and informative with everyone considering this is the free week. But geesh.......if this keeps up, the regulars are just going to sit this week out.

Ah....I'm OK, now. Crying on your shoulder has made me feel better.:eek:

Floyd

It seemed like within minutes of the free week going live our old TK'ing friend who is doubtless known to all (name beginning with Z) was hitting all the 50 player servers with his usual wit, charm and penchant for the flamboyant.:rolleyes:

Unfortunately the add guid "Live" ban feature was his undoing.

Now that realy was a very handy update indeed ...Many thanks to JG over at TWI for adding that nice touch to the webadmin.:D

Upvote 0
Hmm. Perhaps I'm a closet OMG'er ;)

I finally took the session ban off for the weekend. There were so many new players that even the verteran players were getting kicked for arty kills (even though arty kills are at .20). I didn't feel right punishing them while the new players learn. If all thats left are new players, then they don't get the chance to really experience that game as it can be.

The forgive system is really going to be nice in the long run. Thx, TWI.

Floyd

Upvote 0
Hmm. Perhaps I'm a closet OMG'er ;)

I finally took the session ban off for the weekend. There were so many new players that even the verteran players were getting kicked for arty kills (even though arty kills are at .20). I didn't feel right punishing them while the new players learn. If all thats left are new players, then they don't get the chance to really experience that game as it can be.

The forgive system is really going to be nice in the long run. Thx, TWI.

Floyd

I just got banned from the offical dev server because that *** smack tard came in with my name and started spaming text all day long! WTF AND THE ADMIN BANNED ME!?

Upvote 0
Yea..

Yea..

Well, while the noobs are a major pain, please remember that there are just as many new commer really attempting to learn and evaluating the game for future purchase, and that the more people that pay $$ means that this game will still recieve attention, in terms of future development, from the creators.

As for me, I session ban the trouble makers, and trymy best to deal with the same questions over & over from the others: "How do I get in a tank?", "What do I do to deploy my machine gun?".... ect..

HKW

Upvote 0