• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

armed assault 2

SiC-Disaster

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 16, 2005
Netherlands
www.tangodown.nl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be-aO0ElvRg ingame trailer, from GC.
Look at the graffiti on the wall at 0:55 :D

- Story driven single player full of twists and surprises
- Resource management, RPG elements
- Advanced dynamic conversation system
- Unique AI combat system

These things sound most promising to me, they had announced those things back for game2 allready so it isnt new but im glad to see them confirmed.
If they implement those things in right, i dont care if the engine looks a lot like arma's (wich it probably is)

I do belive they will upgrade the engine alot before the release, if anyone remember the first arma screens it basicly looked like ofp with normal maps. so in a year or two it will probalby be alot better then what they did show now.

and about OFP2 beeing better, maybe. but what made ofp great was the mod community imo and i doubt many of them will move from arma to ofp2.

Upvote 0
I have lost faith in this company after the state ArmA is in. It still runs like a dead dog with the best of hardware.

Not here, i've got no problems running the game.
The occasional SMALL slowdown in a big forest with everything turned on highest, but only when zooming in on ironsights wich i never use anyway cause for some reason it decreases accuracy.

I for one am totally not looking forward to Codemasters try on a sequal for OFP, as i'm in no doubt they will go for the bigger bucks and implement something gameplay-destroying for the old OFP fans.

So, go for it, Bohemia!

Upvote 0
It runs acceptably on my 5 year old system. Honestly though, some people just complain. If it ran smooth as a baby's arse but looked worse, the same people'd still be screaming. BIS deliberately overdid it so the game would continue to look presentable in future, much the same as Doom 3 on release.

Apart from that, the grass/bush slow down is a known problem, but how to fix it in a game world that vast and detailed isn't so obvious. They have however, worked out a way to reduce 25% of the overdraw (which causes the problem), so performance should boost considerably once it's implemented.

Upvote 0
It runs acceptably on my 5 year old system. Honestly though, some people just complain. If it ran smooth as a baby's arse but looked worse, the same people'd still be screaming. BIS deliberately overdid it so the game would continue to look presentable in future, much the same as Doom 3 on release.

Apart from that, the grass/bush slow down is a known problem, but how to fix it in a game world that vast and detailed isn't so obvious. They have however, worked out a way to reduce 25% of the overdraw (which causes the problem), so performance should boost considerably once it's implemented.

Hey i am no graphics whore. I just want the game to play smooth and as far as i am concerned it does not. Turning down most of the settings makes it look like ***, and it still plays like *** so its a no winner. 30FPS might be smooth to some but when you have dropped

Upvote 0
The ONLY problems with Arma are the critcal crash to desktop bugs and of course the retarded opfor AI.

The game runs quite smoothly on my 7600gt and the gameplay is just awesome (with the exception of stupid AI). I only play Arma online is this is less of an issue. Sorry but show me a game that even comes close to the environments and draw distances of Arma and I'll shut up (and thank you for pointing this great game out).

Upvote 0
Are you running an 8800? I know that there's a problem with some models of those that cause real performance issues. Reddog can attest to that. Still, I think that once the overdraw fix goes in you should see things drastically improve.

Im using an 8800 GTX, lol.
Cant really notice any performance issues, allthough i havent played ArmA on another computer with a different setup, so.

Upvote 0