• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Patch update error?

Yeah, this is ridiculous. First off, I downloaded the Beta to help with that, and it only worked like once. Now, with the new patch, I can now not even open the game on the computer without the message ID'ed in the first post in this thread. What gives? shouldn't this be like a priority repair? This is very lame. I reinstalled the whole darn game which took nearly all afternoon on this laptop, only to be screwed again with the same message. I appreciate all this code stuff above but, seriously, unless you work for Intel how in the heck are you supposed utilize these procedures as an average gameplayer?

Upvote 0
have you tried updating the catalyst drivers. (don't upgrade to 7.8 lots of problems reported with that) Try say 7.7 or maybe the bioshock hotfix one.

Make sure you correctly uninstall your vidcard using ati's unistall utility and perhaps drivercleaner.

and in your ini files have you tried disabling the bloom, aa and af? before starting the game up.

And just to get this right you get the error when you just start up ro:eek: right?

Upvote 0
have you tried updating the catalyst drivers. (don't upgrade to 7.8 lots of problems reported with that) Try say 7.7 or maybe the bioshock hotfix one.

I just updated to 7.8 in an attempt to fix this problem. :(

Make sure you correctly uninstall your vidcard using ati's unistall utility and perhaps drivercleaner.

and in your ini files have you tried disabling the bloom, aa and af? before starting the game up.

We tried everything that Putz mentioned.

And just to get this right you get the error when you just start up ro:eek: right?

Yes.

Upvote 0
Same error message.

Here is some new information. When I clicked on the 'R' icon inside the system folder, it says 'the application has failed to start because Steam.dll was not found. reinstalling the application may fix this problem.'

you can fetch that steam.dll from your main steam folder and copy it over. But thats not the reason for the problem.

I really cant think of anything else now than a software exploit between some hardware. Inside steam did you try disabling the "enable steam community in-game".

Another test for the moment.

Can you atleast start the game up
if you change:

[Engine.Engine]
RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
;RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=PixoDrv.PixoRenderDevice

to

[Engine.Engine]
;RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
;RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice
RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=PixoDrv.PixoRenderDevice

that will use the openGL renderer.

I'm off to bed but tomorrow i'll try and help some more and ask around a bit.

Upvote 0