• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Team Fortress 2 - Waiting/Trailer thread

spraduke

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
wiltshire
www.spraduke.co.uk
Well there was a dead TF2 thread which had a lot of irrelevant speculation etc so I thought i would start a new one seeing how theres quite a lot of information on it now.

Personally i am very eagre to get my hands on this game. I love the stylised nature of itself and the way its not taking itself too seriously. I think it stands a chance of being an excellent arcade crazy shooter packed with fun.

There is already a TF2 trailer and TF2 trailer 2 availiable in the "media" section of steam but they recently added a "Meet the Heavy" video. This is primarily to show off the new facial animation system (where the bones etc are animated on the new 2000 series cards by ATI instead of the cpu) but it includes some funny moments so its well worth a watch.

The trailers made me happy. The original (1996) TF was the game that got me a place in my first clan, I even did some skinning back then... I loved the game! TFC never really gripped me because it somehow didn't transport the TF feeling, but this one looks so much better. Great style, too. While the original TF2 concept seemed to be something new all those years back, it has been realized by others, so I'm glad they returned to the roots. Ah, and I love Small Soldiers...
Finally a reason to once again buy something with the HL2 stamp on it... I was seriously disappointed by that game and thus never bothered to buy Ep1.

Upvote 0
The soldier movie is out as well.
I love the way the soldier talks as if he will own everything haha, it so reminds me of the army where each sort tries to be better then the rest ^^
Like, tank army will crush regular infantry, while infantry says they'll just hide themselves in the forest and shoot the tanks in the *** no problem etc ^^

http://www.gamershell.com/news/41082.html

Cant stop laughing my *** off at these 2 trailers xD
"omg, sascha... (looks at his minigun, finding something peculiar) ALLRIGHT! WHO TOUCHED MY GUN!!
best quote of all, though: "some people think they can outsmart me... hmm.. maybe.. ive yet to meet a person who can outsmart a bullet" ^^

Upvote 0
I'm looking forward to it. The crappy Source netcode's going to cause some serious rages from me I reckon, but I really do like the TF style of game. Anything that never pretends to be anything but utterly ridiculous will always be appealing to me. Same as UT2007. Can't wait for that one and it's as Unreal as they come (Yes I know, that was a terrible pun).

I have to admit though, I'm still looking forward to Portal more than this. Always have been. Narbacular Drop was great but far too short. The promised number of levels for Portal should keep me engrossed for hours.

Upvote 0