• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite RO moment so far

going slightly OT

going slightly OT

Whenever I see your name on server, I think of something much different. :p
Well I think there's already 2 servers that banned me, related to the name I guess. :cool:

Think of the kittens like pictured above you dirty minded admins... :)

puss.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So I was on 24/7 Debrechen and I was in a panther tank canon with my driver KG-AGcent. A stug on our right reported 4 t34s and was promptly blown up from a shell from the WF bushes.

On cue the Russians emerged from the cap zone unaware that I was there in a panther, two flanked left, 1 stayed in the bushes and one went right.

I fired a shot to the one on the right and destroyed his engine. I hit both of of the t34s on the left while they were on the move, blowing them up.

The one in the bushes retreated into undergrowth but with my first round i got him smoking and eliminated him with the second.

It was pretty awesome, definitely made me respect the Panther as a bad *** tank.

Upvote 0
Yesterday on Basovka on the Russian side. I was just to the right of the bunker that's at the head of the AT Position. I was just reloading my PPSH when four or five Germans poured into the trench, luckily I finished reloading just in time and mowed them all down from the hip, and I still had enough ammo left to kill another two that jumped into the trench soon after... Immersive is an understatement.

Upvote 0
xredorchestra2007082401jk8.jpg

Playing as a russian in Lyes Krovey (or something like it). I was the russian commander so I was pouring smoke all over the place since it was on a fully loaded 50 player server. For some reason I didn't die while trying to capture the ammo and I was wondering around while shooting some germans. So after a while I decided to check the ammo supply chamber (that underground place with the panzerfaust and ammo supplies. I came from the left side (from the russian point of view) and I saw 2 germans going out of the chamber.
One sweep with my no-recoil bugged ppsh ends one of the german's plans. The other one runs away. I come closer the the corpse of the dead german to see what weapon he has, while all of a sudden a german with a G43 comes in and starts shooting at me, I shoot back at him with my ppsh but my weapons gets shot out of my hand, leaving me with a pistol.
So I'm like "k whatever, I'll probably die anyway" and start blasting away, all this while dodging bullets ofcourse.
Then the german that ran away walks in and starts shooting me also with his STG44! I start dancing like a madman while shooting my pistol at the G43 dude. He dies but my pistol is empty now! The last german starts shooting me but runs out of ammo fast and starts reloading. I start to chase him and try to whip him with my pistol but I quickly see it's a lost case so I start to reload too.
The german finishes his reload and starts shooting me. Again I start to dance, this time while reloading. I finish my reload and start shooting at him with my pistol and he falls down. Gladly I pick up the G43 and look at my healthdude, 70% of it is red.

Upvote 0
I was trying to nail a clown car that was zipping around my team's infantry, whoever that player was...he could sure drive. :eek:

Anyway, I was in a panther and had already tried a couple of shots with no effect...I switched to HE and hit right under the car while he was going full speed down over a slope in the terrain.

The car was blown into the air cartwheeling end over end like a firework with ragdolls flying. Only thing I could see was that he must've hit a bump or something right at the moment of my shell's impact...normally a HE under the clown car will cause it to just flip over and blow up.

Upvote 0
I would have to say one of my fav. moments was on FK#3 in CH. I was in T/85 and there was a nice lonely tiger sitting in the middle of CH. Well never the less he saw me and turned to face me. I keep driving around the buildings for cover. But we ended up dancing around in circles b/c I wasn't loaded and he was so I was not just gonna stop. After a bit we hit each other and both jumped out only to have an pistil fight. The fight ended up with me running on his nade and flying threw the air...:rolleyes: It seemed like a good 10min fight:cool:. Who ever said that Orel was just a tank map wasn't on that night.

Upvote 0
I've had some cool moments recently, in spite of a streak of bad luck.

I've had two instances in which I saved the Squad Leader - I was playing German in both instances - from being killed.

First instance was in Leningrad. We were capturing the bridge from underneath, and the Squad Leader and I were facing opposite directions to shoot at any Russians running over the ice. A Russian player cottoned onto it, and did the smart thing by running across using the bridge we were under, and sneaking up from behind the Squad Leader. Suspicious because of the lack of Russians running across the ice, I kept checking behind us, and sure enough, I end up seeing a Russian RIGHT behind the Squad Leader - who is lying prone and doesn't even know the Russian is there. I quickly open fire on the Russian, killing him, and saving the clueless SL. The Russian complimented me on good teamwork.

Second instance was on a map whose name I can't remember, but it features a bridge and a peninsula to capture, and has winter terrain. Anyway, the Squad Leader on this server was busy overlooking the town by the peninsula, and calling in artillery strikes. The funny part, is that a Russian - entirely escaping his notice in spite of the binoculars - was creeping up on the wall the SL was behind. I was running by, and glanced out to see where the strikes were landing, when I spotted the Russian's uniform between gaps in the close-by sandbags. I quickly ran around and shot the Russian before he could crawl around them.

I enjoyed those moments because I saved another player in both of them, and it was the Squad Leader no less.

Upvote 0
On the new tank map krivoy...or something, me and Viktor were on the Russian side teamtanking, we shot lots of enemies and after a while I wanted to go to this burning plane I saw that crashed a bit further away (at the side of the map). So we went there and I got out, inspected the rubble and crawling on the plane. Then I started to enjoy the view, which was quite spectacular. You see the russians slowly winning ground (we only had one objective to cap and since the burning plane was just in the cap we were helping them) and shells flying around, Viktor who shoots at the enemy and you can follow the shell till you hear a "ping". It was quite peaceful even though death and destruction was so near, yet so far.

Upvote 0
A bit mundane, but the moment that stands out for me is on a map that I don't see in rotation anymore. I can't recall the name, but it was the bridge spanning the frozen river, with the Soviets on one side and the Germans on the other (with a small village on the river to the western side of the map).

Anyway, I was playing a Soviet and I was at the entrance of the bridge on the Soviet side when the German commander drops the most intense artillery barrage I've experienced in-game. One round impacting after another, on and on for what seemed like 30 seconds straight and I was stuck, in the prone, without cover, smack in the middle of it. My speakers are roaring these literally deafening booms from the artillery shells exploding and I can't really see anything because my screen is basically blurred black and red, so I just picked a direction and started crawling. Eventually, I crawled beyond the danger radius of the artillery strike and the bombardment ceased.

But seriously... that was the only moment in any game ever where I was genuinely, like, "Holy CRAP!" and wincing at the repeated explosions.

Upvote 0
A bit mundane, but the moment that stands out for me is on a map that I don't see in rotation anymore. I can't recall the name, but it was the bridge spanning the frozen river, with the Soviets on one side and the Germans on the other (with a small village on the river to the western side of the map).

Anyway, I was playing a Soviet and I was at the entrance of the bridge on the Soviet side when the German commander drops the most intense artillery barrage I've experienced in-game. One round impacting after another, on and on for what seemed like 30 seconds straight and I was stuck, in the prone, without cover, smack in the middle of it. My speakers are roaring these literally deafening booms from the artillery shells exploding and I can't really see anything because my screen is basically blurred black and red, so I just picked a direction and started crawling. Eventually, I crawled beyond the danger radius of the artillery strike and the bombardment ceased.

But seriously... that was the only moment in any game ever where I was genuinely, like, "Holy CRAP!" and wincing at the repeated explosions.

Barashka that is!

Upvote 0
Last week, in an immobilsed IS-2 after a brush with a Tiger (he lost :D) and various supporting tanks, told the crew to clear out and save themsleves, far out in front of friendly lines, knowing the Tiger will return to finish me off.
Hear the sounds of an engine.. know the end is near.. then see the Tiger slowly come over the brow of the hill in front, presenting it's delicious, soft underbelly. One round was all it took.. we then capped the final point and won.

Magic moment, for the excitement of the initial tank run, the nearly lost duel with my honourable foe, the fear as I heard him coming back, then the exhultation of the final moments.

Upvote 0
On the new map (krivoikrokgiiol....) me and some one else (forgot his name) were going to the last 2 caps. Ofcourse since I had so much fun at the burning plane I decided to go there (I was driver anyway). Once there I got outside and started to explore the surroundings. I crawled on one of the wings and saw a stug approaching. Quickly I warned my tankmate who was still in the tank but it didn't matter, our tank was destroyed with my mate in it. So now I was left alone at the burning plane with a stug near me, knowing of my presence. He started shooting shells but missed the whole time because I was jumping from the roof to wings seeked cover behind the wings. He tried to flank me but I was faster then him anyway. So after a while after me annoying him with shooting my pistol at his tank he left to shoot some tanks.
I, relieved to have survived it crawled on the wing and looked at the tank who was shooting other tanks. Then suddenly he turned around and I tried to seek cover, but it was too late. :(

Upvote 0
Another very general - but proud and good - RO moment for me.

Once again, I can't remember the name of the map (autumn locale, bunch of farmhouse in a linear path where the Germans have to fight up to a ridge and take the ruined town on the other side). I was playing a machine gunner and rocking the MG-42 in a position that had me holding the Russians back from making an offensive push down the ridge (with the exception of a few of us, the German team was an uncoordinated mess).

Another player had, through unspoken cooperation, decided to be my Assistant Gunner and continually supplied me as I burnt through what must have been 10 - 12 belts of ammunition. I was changing barrels so rapidly that as I removed one steaming-hot barrel I was inserted the other still-red-hot barrel right back into the gun. The entire MG-42 was smoking as I laid down belt after belt of suppressive fire upon the ridgeline.

Eventually, the MG-42 overheated and quit on me, despite my now-continual barrel changes. It sucked... but still an awesome moment for me, especially with my teammate right beside me, handing me ammunition and firing his rifle through the window, as well.

Upvote 0