• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Universal Carrier Question

I have been playing RO sine it came out but only I have only once got close enough to bren carrier to try and shoo the Russians inside. It was point blank range with me armed with an MP40 and yet after emptying a whole magazine on them they would not die!! Has shooting people in a carrier not been implemented into the game or was it just my bad shooting. :p

My friend says the same thing happened to him on server but while on a different server it worked.

You used to be able to, but there was a problem where a grenade on the ground nearby would kill everyone inside regardless of armour. To fix it, they made it so that people in the back are now invincible. It's still not realistic, but the way vehicles are currently modelled means that you just can't get it working realistically without a serious recode. It's just not worth it as far as I'm concerned and I think we can safely assume that it will be taken into account for the next game.

Upvote 0
Before, you could kill people inside the Transports by air-bursting the grenades over them... then came the last patch and Tripwire ****ed it all up.

They were trying to keep the driver from being killed while his hatch was closed... and I guess they got lazy and just made the vehicles almost invincible to 'nades.

Pretty Please Tripwire Staff, undo this mistake please... the game was fine before it was changed.

Upvote 0
Hm, I swear I did a random shot at a UC with my rifle from above and killed the driver when his head wasn't raised.

Nope... The "Tart Cart" as well as half tracks are impenetrable fortresses now, the only thing that will destroy them is a tank, PTRD or faust....

And yes it is bull**** because what you can do is drive a HT or Tart Cart right into a cap zone and sit there.. You cant kill it without "special weapons"

Before it was awesome to throw a nade above and wipe out the crew, now you cant...

At least in the mod you were able to shoot the PTRD into a vehicle and wipe out the crew..:D

Upvote 0
hey.. they aim for the stars but end up in the treetops.. still this is a great game.. most if not all SMGs and MGs are unrealistic in this game..
cos still even in a game like this there has to be some balance! else it would just end up with someone having a big killingspree and ppl dying all the time..
it's enough death as it's.. but sure.. i think the halftracks are to hard to kill now without a tank or panzerfaust.. even with the PTRD i think all it does is kill the engine and then they just walk out and shoots you cos all you have is a freaking pistol:)

Upvote 0
I feel like a broken record...

You didn't have to throw a grenade on top of one! I know that's how it's supposed to be, but it wasn't! A grenade on the ground, 5 metres away from a halftrack/toaster would kill all occupants, despite the quite prevalent armour. It might be broken now, but it's no worse than the type of broken it was before. At least this way the balance is more realistically skewed towards those in the armoured vehicle, rather than the grunt on foot.

Upvote 0