• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Adjustable zeroing on sniper rifle scopes

the only problem with this idea........you need to actually have wind effects on foliage, flags, people to tell exactly what the wind is doing..........and at that, you need a spotter or a pair of binoculars too look all down the range to see what the wind is doing because it changes over water, around buildings and whether or not the clouds are out.

and yes, im speaking from experience of shooting at distances from 50m to 600m.......

Good points made.
At the ranges we play on game, with only one map really where nice long range shots are a possibility is it really worth having this implemented?

If you can't see a target because of it being slightly obscured then why risk the shot, and possibly give away your position in the process?
When just moving or waiting for a clearer shot where the target is in good position is a viable option.

I'd love to see this in game, but the amount of work that would need to be done makes me think it would be too much to ask of the devs.

Upvote 0
I think this would be a nice feature. I usually play sniper only in maps that allow very long range shots. IMO essence of sniping is to take well aimed shots from concealed supported position at valuable targets (MG-gunners and squad leader mostly) far beyond their reach, and if the enemy sniper is causing too much trouble hunting him is also important objective. I hate it when people are rushing in the front with their sniper rifles. There's quite enough other classes that can do that but there's only one sniper.

Upvote 0
Good points made.
At the ranges we play on game, with only one map really where nice long range shots are a possibility is it really worth having this implemented?

If you can't see a target because of it being slightly obscured then why risk the shot, and possibly give away your position in the process?
When just moving or waiting for a clearer shot where the target is in good position is a viable option.

I'd love to see this in game, but the amount of work that would need to be done makes me think it would be too much to ask of the devs.

ive seen wind effect high powered rifles(AR15, M16, M4, M14, M1 Garand) shooting as close as 50m and 100m........granted the wind was howling.........but at the distances in maps like arad where its less urban combat, then yes, it would have to be for it to be accurate if you have windage, one of the key parts of being able to shoot at that distance is watching foliage down the range to tell the windspeed and direction

Upvote 0
Getting kills with long range sniper shots on any large maps is soooo satisfying! Leading and raising elevation. Watching the impact almost a second after firing...... YUM!

Doesnt need to be made any easier! Would destroy that great feeling for good!

It doesnt really get any easier, because you need to know the range. Its just as easy as it is now.

Upvote 0