• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

and my M39 from an 1896 receiver was around $600.

:eek:What kind of M39 did you get? I have VKT's, B's, Sako's, No Maker's, and Sky's. Not one of them was more than $299. All are on antique (pre 1898) receivers. Is it a '45 Sako? Or maybe a '69 No Maker?

Maybe I just been out of the M39 loop for too long and am now sitting on an 8 rifle gold mine.:D

I know of some collectors who used to pick them up for $30 and now have around 30+ in their collection.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
my RC K98 luckily does not have either the X or pinged eagles, just EP'd serial on the bolt

Yea, apparently there is ALOT of variation on markings on RC K98s

Mine has no electropenciling, but there is an X

The eagles are still there but you cant quite make out the swastikas

It just puzzles me why Ivan would take the time to ping out the tiny little swastikas and not just the whole stamping itself

:confused:

Upvote 0
I guess it was easier and quicker to ping out the swastika then to grind it off. They probably dropped it part way through the refurb program and just slapped the rifles together.

Mine has all the swastikas intact and lacks a capture X. It does have an ep'd bolt.

German98k.jpg

Upvote 0
if you go yugo a M24/47 is the only model left that's widely available in very good condition... M48s have just about dried up (century has some in good with dark bore and that's about all there is) so the prices people are asking and getting on gunbroker have been climbing

i still kick myself for not buying one when it was still fairly easy to find M48s in excellent condition

Upvote 0
:eek:What kind of M39 did you get? I have VKT's, B's, Sako's, No Maker's, and Sky's. Not one of them was more than $299. All are on antique (pre 1898) receivers. Is it a '45 Sako? Or maybe a '69 No Maker?

Maybe I just been out of the M39 loop for too long and am now sitting on an 8 rifle gold mine.:D

I know of some collectors who used to pick them up for $30 and now have around 30+ in their collection.

I took a look again and it was $500. It's a 1945 SAKO.

Vasili, the SMLE in that photo is from 1942.

Upvote 0