• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO-Realism mod.

yeah so i'd like to introduce you the new mod called Ro-Roleplay/Realism mod.

check our forums ( we're still working on them so....) http://rorealism.freeforums.org/index.php

we are aiming for the most realistic experience for the game.
Me and Huxy are leading the project and we'd like to introduce the idea of this mod to you.:)

so i think you normal pubbers dont really care about all the features, but most of this is for all the Realism and RP fans out there! ;)

Things to add:

Germany:

-Armoured Vehicles-
Sd.kfz 250/8 (Fitted with a short 75mm)
Sd.kfz 250/1 (Ordinary halftrack of the 250 serie)
Sd.kfz 250/7 (Fitted with a mortar)
Sd.kfz 250/9 (Fitted with a turret, 20mm and a MG)
Sd.kfz 251/10 (Fitted with PAK 36)
Sd.kfz 251/7 D (a halftrack made for the Pioneers, with two bridgesections on top)
Sd.kfz 251/9 (Fitted with a short 75mm)
Sd.kfz 222 (The classic scout car, fitted with a 20mm and a MG)
Sd.kfz 10 (with versions?)
Sd.kfz 7 (With versions?)
Pzkpwf I Ausf B (Same as Ausf A, but better engine and suspensions)
Pzkpwf I Ausf F (Heavily Armoured version)
Flakpanzer I (Modified Pzkpwf I A, with a 20mm Flak 38 )
Pzkpwf I Ausf C (Armed with 20mm)
Panzerj

Last edited:
Good luck but i fear the pool of players capable of doing such moding work is quite small and most are taken by the bigger mods already in the works, that's not to say dont try but i fear you should you should probadly set out to introduce a few new features and maybe a tank or two, then see how it goes from there.

Upvote 0
phew, how to say this...

you will fall into a bottomless pit with the tons of stuff you are planning.
The initial motivation will vanish when you see things not making progress as fast as you thought.

I dont want to put your ideas down, dont get me wrong, but i think that you are not aware how much work and how many different people usually are needed to just get one vehicle working.
Knowing how few there actually are in the RO community (and outside, believe me, we are searching every day), and those few quite often working for more than only one mod group, its really hard to get a dedicated team up.

Beside the problems with resources and overly large plans, imo you are not aware of what things can be done with the mod architecture. Add TrackIR support is certainly not in there. There also is a reason why there is only a limited number of tank skins on one map (its not like a random selection of 100 tank skins wouldnt be coded in about 5 minutes), your GFX memory would start to cry.
As for tanks turning in place, you might want to check your resources on that. At least for the german tanks im quite sure, not one was able to do that.

Anyway, i wish you good luck, but i would advise you to lower the aim for the beginning. Nothing wrong with starting small and adding more later, and you will be way more satisfied yourself (getting something done is better than having 50% half finished)
If you have questions about coding, importing stuff or animating, feel free to ask.

Upvote 0
As for tanks turning in place, you might want to check your resources on that. At least for the german tanks im quite sure, not one was able to do that.

the panther was the first tank in the world to be able to turn in place, the kingtiger was also able to do it. but no other allied or axis tank during ww2 was able to rotate it's 2 tracks in the opposite direction

unless you mean only rotating one track while the other stops, wich makes you move in a circle but not rotate on spot. that would be nice, as it's not possible in RO to turn without advancing. any tank could do that.

but on your mod, i wish you all the best. even if i i don't know who will be able to do all that...

btw, LU31605, are you from belgium?? i thought i was the only freekin belgian guy to play RO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sounds good, some things in there that RO should have already done to it, mainly most things in the features list such as uniforms and entering and exiting vehicles (hint hint...).

On the vehicle side of things, Many of the current mods are making (or have made) some of the vehicles you are planning to make. Maybe cancel these and just share with the other mods, to make a more consistent experience, where the sherman for example will look the same and not completely different depending on what mod is played.

Good luck with it anyway! :)

Upvote 0
ok- as said before a mountain of work here - however there are some nice vehicles that would be great to see in game.

I think a good idea is some co-ordination of the willing and an economy of effort.

For example, I imagine in the future a lot of the lease-lend stuff may lifted from the upcoming mods to be re-skinned and used in stock RO.
They may not be available staight away in many cases thou- after all they are part of the work (and also part of the attraction) of their respective mods.
This would cover a fair few of your russian suggestions.
Su/isus are also modelled and awaiting animation and coding as I understand it.

Vehicle additions have been suggested for a long time, yet as the only 3rd party tank we currently have is the BT7, it clearly takes a long time to ready a vehicle for the game.
Best bet is to find stuff you know isnt being made, to avoid wasted time/efforts, and go for it.

Upvote 0
ok- as said before a mountain of work here - however there are some nice vehicles that would be great to see in game.

I think a good idea is some co-ordination of the willing and an economy of effort.

For example, I imagine in the future a lot of the lease-lend stuff may lifted from the upcoming mods to be re-skinned and used in stock RO.
They may not be available staight away in many cases thou- after all they are part of the work (and also part of the attraction) of their respective mods.
This would cover a fair few of your russian suggestions.
Su/isus are also modelled and awaiting animation and coding as I understand it.

Vehicle additions have been suggested for a long time, yet as the only 3rd party tank we currently have is the BT7, it clearly takes a long time to ready a vehicle for the game.
Best bet is to find stuff you know isnt being made, to avoid wasted time/efforts, and go for it.

good point there and also us at Darkest Hour wont mind sharing for example the Sherman m4 what ever variant you need, Churchill, m3A1 Stuart ect all you have to do is ask . . :D

Upvote 0