• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Individual Score

okay, look - what people seem to fail to realise is that by have a score based on kill rastio at least 50% of the players are going to have scores BELOW 1.

You cannot have more kills than deaths, but you can (and will) have more deaths than kills across the server, so only the very best players on any server are ever going to see positive points from this scoring system (ignoring caps for a moment of course).

Honestly I don't care about my scre mid-game. But its nice to get a general idea of how well you did at the end of the round and I honeslty don't see this system reflecting anything but negative views on players - particularly players that get very few kills but make sure to put their bodies in the right zones and inevitably die from doing so.

And as also pointed out - it removes the big negative of TKing as you'd be unable to tell if a player just sucks or TKs from the scoreboard.

Upvote 0
i would like to see the MG resupply changed to just 1 point. and the tk punishment upped to 10 points for average players and 15 for the squad leader. Reckless TKs happen far far too often. Killing a enemy thats in a cap zone that you need to take or defend should be worth 2 points and if you kill a enemy in a cap zone while your in the cap zone it should be worth 3 points. Sometimes people need to be encouraged to try to get the objectives and not just spam nades and blow up team mates. losing a point when you die is a good idea as well but i would like to see it where you dont lose that point if your killed while in the cap zone.

Upvote 0
I think this is the war! The SMGers was really penalized than snipers!

And we can penalize of 2-3 point/kills the teamkillers.

The teamkillers don't care about their points anyway. I'm meaning the TK idiots out there. The accidental ones happen and for the most part I still see guys saying sorry for them, and trying not to repeat them.

Everything has to be done with the idiot factor taken into account. It's a neat idea this thread, but I can see the downside would make more players go to ground, lay down and not work to take capzones, worried about their deaths. It's hard enough to get a team to get up and work together to advance on a capzone as it is.

Upvote 0
The best would be to get rid of the induvidual scores and have teamscores:)
and TK shouldnt be that much of a punishment really easy to make an accidental TK in this game..
it's not like CS.. in CS a TK is most often just you making something wrong;)
in RO it's just you playing the game as it's supposed to be played:D

Upvote 0
Another good solution would be:
2 distingued columns. 1 for kill and 1 for death. (team kill leave a kill point)
This 2 parameters make the score rankings like this:

Player A ------ 74 kills------23 deaths = +51
Player B ------ 84 kills------42 deaths = +42
Player C ------ 36 kills------05 deaths = +31
Player D ------ 82 kills------52 deaths = +30

Is a good compromise!

This seems like a good idea. What are some of the problems that may arise out this scoring method?

Upvote 0
1.) Individual score is meaningless. What you personally score in the game does not show ANY indication of how good a player you are. You could do everything right and get zero points at the end of the round. Literally.

2.) Points for kills are not the only thing involved. And this either won't affect "fear of death", which is a silly concept in a video game anyway (where none of us can really die), or it will simply have the obverse effect where everyone camps and plinks for fear of dying and losing score. But, this system also forgets about points for caps and points for resupplying.

If kills are all people care about, they're playing the game wrong.

What matters most is capturing and holding territory. Sometimes the best way to do that is to just BE in the cap zone and keep your head down so it doesn't get shot off. That means not firing back at the enemy because it reveals your position.

Just as you could do everything right in a round and never score a point, you could do everything right in a round and never get a kill but still get points. The game's set up that way for a reason. And even then, the game doesn't put a numerical value on HIGHLY valuable actions because it'd be way too hard to determine contextually.

Anyway, I get that some people want to see their scores. But penalizing people score-wise for anything other than a TK is a bad idea, given that it will deter a lot of other GOOD behavior. Generally speaking, there is NOTHING good that comes from a TK, or at least the bad so far outweighs any possible good that it makes sense to penalize it.

On the other hand, there are PLENTY of situations where dying, even without scoring a kill, is still highly valuable to the team. Sure there's bad situations that waste reinforcements (IE: player who charges into artillery repeatedly, player who keeps attacking uncapturable location, etc.), but those don't outweigh the good that can come from sacrificing yourself sometimes (IE: player tries to toss a satchel at an enemy tank, player draws fire from the MG so his sniper can take it out, squad leader charges forward to toss smoke but dies in the process, and most importantly, player charges into cap zone repeatedly only to get killed in the process of capturing it).

Upvote 0
1.) Just as you could do everything right in a round and never score a point, you could do everything right in a round and never get a kill but still get points.
Been there, done that. I've had good scores while only killing two people in a round. I managed to be in on most of the caps. I've also had nights where it seemed I couldn't miss but died just before the caps and so didn't score high.

I'm not sure which way helps the team more. Killing everything in sight but not capping or missing everything but making the cap. I suppose it works out about the same. Either way I'm in the capzone. One way I cap, the other I help clear the zone for teammates.

Then there are the nights I can't miss AND I get the caps.

It makes me feel like.....God.
No, better than that. Like Chuck Norris.:D

Upvote 0
I'd say give points like in a tank but then per capzone.

Aka no individual kill if a player of your team is say in the capzone and you make a kill he gets a point aswell.
Afcourse the way i say it it would not directly work, but i think with that thing in mind someone might be able to come up with a nice idea.

Counting deaths in a game where you have respawns is useless, because the only suffering dying gives you is a loss of reinforcements which are of pretty much no importance in 99% of the games anyway. I'd rather have points dependent on different areas where you kill the enemy.

Upvote 0
Another good solution would be:
2 distingued columns. 1 for kill and 1 for death. (team kill leave a kill point)
This 2 parameters make the score rankings like this:

Player A ------ 74 kills------23 deaths = +51
Player B ------ 84 kills------42 deaths = +42
Player C ------ 36 kills------05 deaths = +31
Player D ------ 82 kills------52 deaths = +30

Is a good compromise!

I think this is a good idea.
The medium of this two parameter is perfect to know who maked a good game really.
If you are a camper, you have no death but you also haven't a best kill ratio.
If you are a rambo, you have a good kill ratio but you have also too much death.

On this idea, i've a suggestion:

the team kill leave a kill point and give a death point.
MG resupply give 1 point
every ten kill give 3 bonus point - not for sniper
every ten kill in the same live give a 5 bonus point - not for sniper

Upvote 0