• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Debrecen beta3

schwere-Panzer-Abteilung 503

Orders of Battle
October 1944 - Debrecen
  • Abteilung Stab Zug (3x Tiger II ausf B, 6x SdKfz 250)
  • 1./sPzAbt 503 (14x Tiger II ausf B)
  • 2./sPzAbt 503 (14x Tiger II ausf B)
  • 3./sPzAbt 503 (14x Tiger II ausf B)
So the Tiger 1's can be re introduced to compensate till the King Tiger is Ready for RO, which will be soon boys and girls
You forget to mention the 1st, 13th and 23rd Panzer Divisions were part of the III Panzer Corps, as well as the 503 heavy battalion. And the 24th Panzer Division took part as well.

Im not sayin that but if Tigers were in the battle put them in, and use the Tiger one in its stead till the KT is ready for RO, not a balance thing but a mor historical aspect.
It was a big battle / operation, over many square miles, that lasted 3 weeks (?), and several panzer battalions. Who can say which part we are playing. The balance of the map is more relevant.

Keystone, I've played this map a couple of evening now, and really, really like it. Nicely done.
icon10.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Paajtor 2 days ago was the same with allies team. Teams were even and allies lost 4 rounds and won only 2. Yesterday axis also won some round. If there was another Tiger added, axis would be winning too many times.
Ok, I believe you. :)
Guess it just depends on which players are on the server (no surprise there, lol).

What are your plans, when the TigerII eventually becomes available?
Nothing, and wait for the SU-100?

Upvote 0
With the AB mod the balance seems fine to me. The team that wins is the one who works together and communicates.

yes but in war infantry was everywhere and I want that tanks wouldn't be completely safe at for example Village, they must be careful. Besides satchels with AB are not so useful as in stock RO, you can't destroy tank while he's moving beacuse radius of satchel is widely reduced.
Giving everyone satchels is encouraging the same behavior you see on Orel. Someone drives up to an enemy tank before getting knocked out they bail and run at them with primed satchels.

Your map is just too big for infantry to be represented in a realistic manner. You have created a realistic large scale late war tank map, leave it at that.

Upvote 0
After further experience on B3 I'd have to say the imbalance is not as bad as it may seem.
But I still say the edge goes to the Allies (w/AB, even skilled teams). I don't think it has as much to do with the heavies. But the speed advantage for the Allies & the stugs on this map seem to struggle just to be a factor.

Mby the Allies should have a little edge, makes Axis victory all the sweeter. :)

Paajtor 2 days ago was the same with allies team. Teams were even and allies lost 4 rounds and won only 2. Yesterday axis also won some round. ....

Upvote 0
Giving everyone satchels is encouraging the same behavior you see on Orel. Someone drives up to an enemy tank before getting knocked out they bail and run at them with primed satchels.

So let they play with AB :). With AB you can't destroy tank by satchel when he's moving, radius is too small. You must place in on top of tank or just close to tank.

Your map is just too big for infantry to be represented in a realistic manner. You have created a realistic large scale late war tank map, leave it at that.

And that's why I'm not adding some infantry roles like PAK soldats beacuse there would be too less them, crewmans with satchels only simulate real infantry in some way. For me it never happend with AB that some infantry was in time to run to my tank and place satchel before I shot him. It's very easy to kill him anyway.

Ok, I believe you. :)
Guess it just depends on which players are on the server (no surprise there, lol).

What are your plans, when the TigerII eventually becomes available?
Nothing, and wait for the SU-100?

Maybe I'll remove 2 panthers and leave only 1 Panther along with 1 King Tiger or something like that. I'd like to add JgdPzIV/70 also as it were many in this battle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah the map is balanced, I just came back from axis slaughtering allies 2 rounds in a row. As has been said before it's just a matter of which team is better.

One thing though Keystone. I would suggest moving the axis forward spawn back just a little so they are just behind the hill and not on top of the hill. If allies push forward to cap village they will see axis spawn. Also I don't really think that the second forward spawn (not the first forward, I mean the one when the losing team only has 1 cap point left) is needed, from what i've seen this makes it pretty much impossible for the other team to push back, making it a little too much of a slippery slope. Though I will have to play more to be sure.

Upvote 0
ok, I've been bad - mouthing the stug's on this map a little. But after much effort to prove myself wrong :p, I had a few good games & better luck. One must be patient & face the fact you can't knock out an IS2 head on.
Most times I have used stugs in Debrechen is when Axis was on the verge of defeat & I had to be aggressive. Otherwise, if i'm not gung ho & killing prioritizes capping. The stug plays an important part!

Upvote 0
I disagree with this... all things being equal, with AB the Panther has the advantage over the IS2.
paul you are right :p;) when i am in a panther i have taken out 2 js2 and 3 t34/85 in a couple min the panther its fantastic:cool: if you know how to use the panther it can be a proper killer :D ohh and you must use team work ;-) on his map

Upvote 0
So let they play with AB :). With AB you can't destroy tank by satchel when he's moving, radius is too small. You must place in on top of tank or just close to tank.

And that's why I'm not adding some infantry roles like PAK soldats beacuse there would be too less them, crewmans with satchels only simulate real infantry in some way. For me it never happend with AB that some infantry was in time to run to my tank and place satchel before I shot him. It's very easy to kill him anyway.

Maybe I'll remove 2 panthers and leave only 1 Panther along with 1 King Tiger or something like that. I'd like to add JgdPzIV/70 also as it were many in this battle.
Buwhahaha you wont to see the long nose killer :D:D so do i, the humble jagdpanzer 4:p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I suggest that a short respawn delay be added to the Panthers and IS-2's. Not a long delay, perhaps only 20 seconds or so. But long enough that the same person won't get the heavy tank over and over whenever they die. It's so bad that I've seen people cry "you stole my tank!" when someone is lucky enough to spawn at the exact same moment as the guy with the panther/is-2 just died.

Upvote 0
I think the Germans need one more tank capable of penetrating the frontal armor of the is2, another panther or tiger. Once the KT arrives then that :). Althought maybe another is2 would be needed to counter the kt.

I like how this map basically requires team tanking a commander looking out for targets is absolutely necessary.

Upvote 0
The loadout is fine as it is, another panther would imbalance the map. The is-2 has such slow reload time that it's only a big threat if you try to duel with it in a pz4 or stug, which you shouldn't do obviously. Just flank it and it's toast. When I've played I've seen both sides winning equally, maybe with the slightest bit of edge in favor of the russians solely because of the speed of the T-34 but not nearly enough to warrant another panther. I'm having alot of fun finally getting to play axis and actually getting a challenge and not just a turkey shoot. I love driving the stug on this map and ambush poor unsuspecting is2-s and t-34's.

Oh and remember this map was balanced with the Armored Beasts mutator in mind.

Upvote 0
I'm gonna to reduce tanks in both sides especially in allies team to force players to use also SU76, T34/76 so maybe this will more balance the map. Currently in axis team there are 13 tanks and even with 16 players in axis, still I see some not used tank at spawn and that is why beacuse many people are playing together in 1 tank. So I probably reduce in both sides to 12 tanks or something like that.

Upvote 0
That sounds ok.
But regarding the SU-76...it's cannon turns extremely slow. Is this because of the AB-mutator?
Why was this done that way? The SU is already very vunerable because of it's weak armour. Add the slow-turning cannon to this, and you become a sitting duck.
Yes, it is due to the AB-mutator.

P.S. The traverse speed of Stug and Su-76 is not based on specifications, because there is no specifications - the gun was hand traversed and it depended on traverse mechanism ratio how fast you could physically crank it... It was based on my personal feeling about how fast hand traversed mechanism could be operated. Don't know how many degrees one rotation of the hand wheel meaned. On Tiger, it was 0.5deg. On light tanks, sometimes 2deg/rotation. If it was around 1deg/rotation in the Stug, then whole 360deg rotation would need 360 rotations of the wheel. How fast one could operate such wheel ? I believe not more than 2-3 rotations per second on flat surface, and when the initial inertia of the gun was overcomed. So 360 rotations. 2-3 rotations per second, 180-120 seconds needed to turn 360deg, so rotation speed of about 3deg per second. The Stug traverse speed in 2.05 is 360deg in 100 seconds / 3.6deg/s, so it's even faster than that. I don't think it could be faster, at least untill I see better data supporting this.

Upvote 0
So I probably reduce in both sides to 12 tanks or something like that.

There have been times when the axis is tankless, but I have never seen the Allied side w/out tanks in spawn. Seems like shaving a few t34's would be a good idea.
Any plans on changing some of those invisible walls that are next to the farm & at some bushes? I can give more specific locations if you would like.

look forward to the next version!

Upvote 0