• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Buddy System.

its called typing or voice comms..............i like not knowing who is where, cause you'll end up fighting with people you dont know and end up liking it........also it adds a bit of realism, in a real battle, are you sure you'd ever see your buddy again? maybe in 2 months when the battle is either over or the combat forces are takent o rear for reconsilidation.

Upvote 0
teamspeak

How the hell does that help? "I'm at this house.." "What house?" "Brick house... in a room" "Where?" "Near a capture point". I've tried playing with TS plenty of times. Does not f'in work!

its called typing or voice comms..............i like not knowing who is where, cause you'll end up fighting with people you dont know and end up liking it........also it adds a bit of realism, in a real battle, are you sure you'd ever see your buddy again? maybe in 2 months when the battle is either over or the combat forces are takent o rear for reconsilidation.

And how is that fun? I like playing with mates. It's the best thing multiplayer shooters can offer, yet it's nearly impossible in Red Orchestra. If the game was realistic, when you got killed the first time, it would be over for good. No respawns. Should you only get severly wounded, you might be able to play it again in few months period. Wow! That sounds wicked awesome and realistic!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd try giving voip another shot, if you can't organize yourselves through the power of voice, then you guys are broken, not the game. Maybe you guys need a plan to stick too, instead of sticking too each other.

Having a guys name on screen constantly would be too big an advantage, because you could just set everyone on your team to display names. And then you know who everyone without even looking towards them, like some kind of psychic.

Upvote 0
Vent works. TS works. Built in VOIP works. What doesn't work and what causes probs is when peeps can't give a clear concise indication of where they are. Users of the afforementioned comms systems, how many times have you heard " Yeah, I'm in the building where the um............you know the one with the poster..........next to the place where............um...........don't bother, I'm dead now anyway."
When talking on TS and stuff tips are the same as when talking on radio.

Pitch: Slightly higher than normal
Pace: Slower

Think what you want to say BEFORE you just blunder in. (especially important in matches)
Use landmarks/nicknames (make sure you all know where they are)
Use target indication be it clockray method or whatever.

It does make me smile when I read posts from peeps who want 'more realism' and such but don't bother to learn something as basic as VP. It will make a huge difference whan you're playing in a match and will make it far easier to find your friends and hook up to them.

Upvote 0
I think this would be kind of neat. . . like if the players that are on your friends list would have a small symbol above their heads so you can find them a little easier.

But so it isn't too easy, the symbol shouldn't appear at medium or large distances (So you dont have little symbols bobbing all over your screen.) and you shouldn't have anything for friends that are on the opposing team. This way you still have to use some communication to find them, but you dont have to aim at every teammates head to figure out who is who.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Boogaloo said:
My nephew and I use cell phones on speaker or with hands free bluetooth, and after 9:00 when the minutes are free. Nice private channel.

There you go everyone, a new innovative way to communicate. That is the most creative way I have heard of someone communicating when it comes to gaming, the only downside is that it has much more limitations.

Upvote 0