• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Arty vs armour in RO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Private Partz said:
Quote:

I survive with NO DAMAGE everytime!...If you stop you will be damaged or killed quickly and halftracks and BA-64's die instantly but tanks live everytime! I have only been able to test this in SP by myself BUT hey it might just work in MP too....Try it!...

I noticed this in SP as well,
5 german tanks were backlogged on the far side of a bridge, the first round killed all of them.

I called in arty on a tiger in the south village and befor it arrived a T34 charged in and killed him. The T34 drove back and forth durring the first strike and wasnt effected that I could see. It stoped in place between the salvos and when the second arrived it was wiped out imediatly.

Upvote 0
Pongo said:
I noticed this in SP as well,
5 german tanks were backlogged on the far side of a bridge, the first round killed all of them.

I called in arty on a tiger in the south village and befor it arrived a T34 charged in and killed him. The T34 drove back and forth durring the first strike and wasnt effected that I could see. It stoped in place between the salvos and when the second arrived it was wiped out imediatly.

I have tried it 25-30 times in SP and live thru it everytime.....and I sit right in the middle of multiple strikes....JUST KEEP MOVING CONSTANTLY!!! I just move forward back and to side alternating and really don't actually move much but if your in some kind of motion it seems to work....might work in MP....I'd be willing to test it with folks...if someone would put up a server...(I would but I'm behind a proxy server and folks can't connect)

Upvote 0
This does not work in MP. Sit in a tank on Arad or Barashka and just listen for the sound of artillery, the instant you hear it in the distance change to driver position and step on the gas. 90%+ of the time you will die. The fact of the matter is that it is far too easy to simply point at a tank, press USE at a radio and have the tank destroyed 90%+ of the time. That just isn't right in a realism game.

Upvote 0
DrGuppy said:
This does not work in MP. Sit in a tank on Arad or Barashka and just listen for the sound of artillery, the instant you hear it in the distance change to driver position and step on the gas. 90%+ of the time you will die. The fact of the matter is that it is far too easy to simply point at a tank, press USE at a radio and have the tank destroyed 90%+ of the time. That just isn't right in a realism game.

agreed

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.