• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MEDIC!!!!!!!1111oneelevenone

LemoN

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 26, 2006
Prussotroll's Bridge
hmmm

i know all of you guys know those sugestions... we need MEDICS!!!!1111
when i loose an arm i can stand up and fight after a medic heals me -.-

but this isnt what im suggesting here

i thought bout it for maybe 10 seconds and thought...

the only realistic way to inplement medics ingame is let them bandage someone (when he just died ingame) and that would then make the reinforcements lower not that fast

so it wouldnt directly change gameplay by BF2 style medics but change gameplay by slowing down the decrease of reinforcements

so basically the better the medic the more reinforcements u got

ok guys im ready to be flamed and getting bashed ^^

BTW: i used search function and only found BF2 medic suggestions

Maybe we could have it in such a way, like if you're just hit and killed, the medic could bandage the wound so you can go on but with less health left.

If you lost an arm, he could stop the bleeding and get you back to the fight but with lower accuracy and if you lose a leg or two, then if the medic patches you up and administered some morphin you could still shoot around but not move?

IF medics were in the game, this is the only way i could see them fit, but honestly, i don't think i'd like this, it would be more like Zombie war: ostfront 41:45

Upvote 0
There needs to be a better incentive for a medic to go out of his way to help someone. A slight slow-down in the reinforcement drop is not enough IMO, especially if a medic would have to charge half-way across a battlefield, dodging bullets and nades, to assist someone (and almost surely getting killed in the process and defeating the purpose of it all).

Upvote 0
If you lost an arm, he could stop the bleeding and get you back to the fight but with lower accuracy and if you lose a leg or two, then if the medic patches you up and administered some morphin you could still shoot around but not move?

And if you lose both your legs and than your rifle is shot out of your hands I suggest we`ll have a new voice com- "come on you pansy! Ill bite your balls off!".

To the OP- running around, patching ragdolls for the obscure goal of keeping reinfo sounds like the definition of anti-fun to me.

Upvote 0
I think it would be interesting to at least try out a bandaging/bleeding system in Red Orchestra. Say you're hit but not killed, then there is a chance you will bleed, slowly losing life. Instead of one designated medic class, there can be a certain amount of bandages distributed throughout the team (perhaps to higher ranks such as squad leaders), and these can be applied to stop a player from bleeding to death. A system such as this was present in the WGL mod for Operation Flashpoint and the Firearms mod for Half Life, and in each it worked well. But this has likely been brought up before.

Upvote 0
I think it would be interesting to at least try out a bandaging/bleeding system in Red Orchestra. Say you're hit but not killed, then there is a chance you will bleed, slowly losing life. Instead of one designated medic class, there can be a certain amount of bandages distributed throughout the team (perhaps to higher ranks such as squad leaders), and these can be applied to stop a player from bleeding to death.

If you need a bandage to prevent yourself from bleeding to death, you have already become a casualty, which RO already models as a kill. You will NOT be combat-effective any time soon. Trust me, I know these things - I have been a combat medic in the U.S. Army for more than four years now.

Upvote 0
There still weren't medics on the eastern front.
Yes there were, however there job was not to give field attention, they typically went forward and dragged wounded back to the field hospital to be attended to.

There's quite a lengthy passage about Russian female medics hauling back ungodly amounts of wounded men in Beevor's Stalingrad.

Upvote 0
I'm in favour of the OP's idea in theory - its a good way of representing the effect of medics without silly health-boosts to players.

As already mentioned its seems technically infeasable due to the clientside rag-doll system. I can't help but think thats a shame.

In anycase I thought the major reasoning for not including medics in the game was that both sides shot enemy medics on sight instead of letting them aid the wounded. At least I seem to remember that was the reason given by the Dev team during the mod's development.

Upvote 0