• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

need game to play

DraKon2k

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Hello,

I just finished Splinter Cell: Double Agent(within 7 hours :/), now I was thinking about what to play next, but I don't really know much. What's important is that it has a good sp part, as that is what I actually wanna play. It should be an FPS, but maybe i'd also have a look at rts/rpgs. Also it shouldn't be too old.

Here's what I played so far:

R6 Vegas
Ravenshield
GRAW
Fear
Commandos: Strike Force
Swat 4
Far Cry
No One Lives Forever 1+2
Company of Heroes
Age of Empires 3
HL2
Panzers Phase Two
Rush for Berlin
Call of Duty 1/UO/2
BiA RtH30
Soldiers: Heroes of WW2
Vietcong+Fist Alpha
Sam & Max 1-6

Full Spectrum Warrior (both original and Ten Hammers)
You might try GRAW 2, though i havent played it yet... but it seems to be more geared towards the first GR so.
Dark Messiah
BiA Earned in Blood
Max Payne 1 and 2
Forgot Dark Messiah, finished that.

I also played Bia EiB and Max Payne 2, though I think I didn't finish them, might have a look at them again.

Upvote 0
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. with the realistic gun mod. The mod makes the firefights VERY challenging, but it makes the game so much better. For link check out my post in one of the last pages of the stalker thread. That should keep you busy for a long time, plus it has a great atmosphere and story.

Also, I know you're looking for singleplayer but SC: Chaos Theory has good co-op multiplayer. But the singleplay is also good. Call of Ctulhu looks good too, but I haven't played that one yet... (not really an FPS either, I guess)

For a good story, check out Fahrenheit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh, and try Rome: Total War as well... A lot of depth in that one.
Medieval 2 is nice, it has the extra element of religion too, but the combat feels somewhat bjorked compared to Rome. Visually its obviously better, but the underlying combat seems weird, and IMO units dont function as they should.
For example, spearmen are the first infantry you can recruit, but they get totally trampled by cavalry.
The power of cavalry lies in their speed and it strikes me as stupid that they just stand their after their first charge on enemy lines, and get mowed down easily. It takes a lot of micromanagement to get them to keep moving.

Hidden and Dangerous 2 is good too, and H&D1 as well but you might find that one a bit to old xD still, a golden oldie and a true classic.

STALKER is good too.

Upvote 0
If you burn through FPSes that fast, maybe you should invest in something of a more time sink.. some of the older, but still fun, turn-based strat games are good.. and I guess you could always go MMO..

Else I recommend TES 3 & 4 (aka: Morrowind and Oblivion).. just make sure you do plenty of side quests, else you will burn through the game quickly..

Upvote 0
If you burn through FPSes that fast, maybe you should invest in something of a more time sink.. some of the older, but still fun, turn-based strat games are good.. and I guess you could always go MMO..

Else I recommend TES 3 & 4 (aka: Morrowind and Oblivion).. just make sure you do plenty of side quests, else you will burn through the game quickly..
I played Oblivion with a downloaded save-game(so the main storyline was finished) and did pretty much all sidequests there. Not all though because I then encountered some savegame bug and had to stop. Somehow after some time Oblivion felt too plastic though.

Upvote 0
Played Penumbra - Overture?

Tough stealth-em-up with good puzzles. People call it a puzzle adventure game, but really its just a stealth game with decent puzzles (for an fps) imo. You don't play a character that can kill stuff - you have to sneak..you die in a couple hits yet it takes a lot of swings of your weapon to kill anything so you will spend most of the time hiding in corners, noting how many enemies there are and their movements, then timing a move to get you to the next dark area. If you even look at the enemies for too long your character starts freaking out and enemies will see you :D . One of the most atmospheric games I've played in a while. Play on hard and make sure the monitor is dark (and turn off the lights) for the best experience ;)

Upvote 0