• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

STALKER Mega-Thread; Clear Skies are Coming!

Yeah, i've been noticing the problem with them not attacking at scripted events too, but relaxing instead, small tweak is all it takes to fix though, next version it'll take them longer to relax.

As for FOV and hearing when in alert state.. im afraid there's nothing i can do about that, i can change how far they see in the two modes, but the FOV is allways the same for both modes, same with hearing, its also constant.

But you'll be happy to know i fixed the sound, now if you walk or run near enemies they will hear you, so you must crouch to be silent, works much better now.

Version 1.5 will be out very soon, containing minor tweaks like walking sounds and enemy relax speed, but dont worry, you can simply install it ontop of version 1.4 and it will work, and it will not mess up your savegames!

Upvote 0
Will it be a full install or will we have to get 1.4 first? Or is it just an .ltx file?

The mod consist of several .ltx files, you will however need 1.4 first, as 1.5 is a patch to 1.4.
All install instructions are in the .rar files.

1.5 should have been avalible for download now, but Filefront has decided to not work right now.. i'll try again in a little while and hopefully it'll upload properly.

Just go grab 1.4, you will need it anyway, and hopefully 1.5 will be avalible within the houer (its just a small fix of the bugs me and Jokerman found, BTW, im not going to make any major overhauls untill i get some more feedback).

Upvote 0
some darker night mod

this one effects AI vision - so I don't know how it will work with your sneakermod, ie they can't see you as well unless your under a light source - only has a weather folder so looks ok in that regard
http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Pitch_Black;79550

*** This DOES effect how NPCs can see you at night! They cannot see you unless you are in a light source area; ie: campfire, fall within their flashlight radius, or are using a flashlight yourself. They will fire in your direction if they hear you and consider you a threat. --The devs have done a great job with the AI's abilities to see at night, they need light sources to see just as we do.-- ***

plus it fixes the other stuff I also wanted!
Daytime is brighter with new sky textures from the game, nights are shorter (pitch black from about 10pm til about 5am). The fog and rain have been greatly reduced, there is still a little of each but not much.

use with a flashlight mod - there are a few

http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Fallout_Flashlight;78114

http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Flashlight_Range_Mod;78115

http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Light_23;80515

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok tried the snakermod v1.5

seems to work well

at the start of the game I went to attack the village by myself, and I was creeping around behind the village you attack at the start and brushed a bush, and the guys inside the building heard that and came out to look!
I tried again and just ran outside back up to the hill overlooking the village where you meet up with those guys and they heard me and ran out to where I was last heard

now the bad bit, I was standing on the hill looking down, easily visible but not that far off and they couldn't see me they just all stood there. They don't seem to be able able to go too far from the village. Anyway if I move in a few metres they can see me and then a few more they start to shoot. So I think their view distance needs to be tweaked further out

also when I snuck into that room where the prisoner is held, I had a pistol so I swapped to a knife and the guard heard that and turned around, but I managed to knife him to death, but he managed to speak out. I futzed around for about 30 secs, and then I heard some deep breathing..I turned around and the guy upstairs (I think) came down and shot me dead :)
I used your weapon mod so it was pretty deadly!

Upvote 0
BF: so AI might hear a little too well? worth having a look at, but needs more testing.

As for vision range, thats a tradeoff between stealth and action, i've boosted it a bit from previous versions, but if i boost it much more, stealth goes out the window.. the good thing is, if you attack them from long range they will notice they are under attack, so its not a big problem for action, and if you get in too clouse (and their back is not turned) they will spot you so stealth does require a bit of planning, so its a functional tradeoff :)

But i would wish more than 2 people would comment on the mod! hop to it guys! :p

Upvote 0
some darker night mod

this one effects AI vision - so I don't know how it will work with your sneakermod, ie they can't see you as well unless your under a light source - only has a weather folder so looks ok in that regard
http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Pitch_Black;79550

Sounds good. Compatible, Grobut?

Btw, this rapidshare is such a bs site, I cant get the 1.5v- not even with flashget. Will you indulge me again and send it to my e-mail?

Upvote 0
If you're having trouble with Rapidshare (i.e. going over the download cap) just disconnect your internet, reconnect it, and the cap should be removed. I'm not sure if this works as I've got AOL (Anyone say anything and I'll break their e-legs! :mad:), so it might not work for those lucky people without AOL.

Upvote 0
Sounds good. Compatible, Grobut?

Btw, this rapidshare is such a bs site, I cant get the 1.5v- not even with flashget. Will you indulge me again and send it to my e-mail?

If it does indeed only have a "weather" folder, then yes, i see no reason why it shoulden't work with Sneaker, they will be affecting different code and thus there should not be any conflict.

And yes, Rapidshare is absolute bollocks, i was only using it because Filefront was undergoing maintenance.

But it looks like it works now! so here's the Filefront mirrors :)

Version 1.4.
http://files.filefront.com/Sneakermod+1+4rar/;8108436;;/fileinfo.html

Version 1.5.
http://files.filefront.com/Sneakermod+1+5rar/;8117473;;/fileinfo.html

Upvote 0
If it does indeed only have a "weather" folder, then yes, i see no reason why it shoulden't work with Sneaker, they will be affecting different code and thus there should not be any conflict.

And yes, Rapidshare is absolute bollocks, i was only using it because Filefront was undergoing maintenance.

But it looks like it works now! so here's the Filefront mirrors :)

Version 1.4.
http://files.filefront.com/Sneakermod+1+4rar/;8108436;;/fileinfo.html

Version 1.5.
http://files.filefront.com/Sneakermod+1+5rar/;8117473;;/fileinfo.html

Ive started playing Thief DS now (1st time excluding demo) and Im too into it to test v1.5 but Ill run it as soon as Im done.

Reading more carefully the description of the that pitchblack mod BF posted I dont think I wanna use it- nights seems too dark and anyway Im using the darker nights mod (Nimsky's post) and Im happy with it, but looky what he sais here!:
The devs have done a great job with the AI's abilities to see at night, they need light sources to see just as we do

As we know, de facto they dont give a **** bout light sources and dont react to your flashlight or to lightning- could it be that like panic they coded it and than ditched it for some reason? If so, is it possible that Grobut will integrate it in v1.6? :D;)

Upvote 0
If Crysis is half as good as Stalker I'll be impressed.

Atmosphere, awesome shooting mechanics, excellent AI, exploration, non-linear gameplay, this title has it all. It beats half life 2 in every measurable way except for story, and even then it's a very unique and enjoyable story, but the whole Freeman story arc is more engrossing imho. Yeah the graphics can look dated at certain points, but then you get to see a sunset and it just blows away anything else I've seen in a game.

Even with the bugs, this game is vying for #1 single player experience in my list.

Upvote 0

well that darker nights mod combined with your mod certainly seemed good when I went to that railroad bridge pass where the soldiers are guarding at the start of the game

The default mod values are too dark for me! In real life you can still see a bit a night. Anyway I tweaked that mod and made it a bit lighter.
And it sems the ambient values in weather_default.ltx does effect the AI detection ability?

in any case you can remain unspotted in the dark areas, and they walk around in flashlights :)
One soldier was right beside me the whole time and he didn't even see me!

Upvote 0
ok ambient does effect lighting and not the AI as I thought but....

this line

hemi_color = 0.4, 0.4, 0.4, 0.0

the first 3 numbers set the light level and colour RGB, lower = darker.
The last number I think tells the AI how dark it is, and thus if they will use flashlights and how well they see you. You can set it to zero while having the ambient and hemi color look like broad daylight but with that 4th value set to zero they think it's pitch black :)

Because I noticed that when its daylight this value is usually set to 1.0.
something to mess with

Upvote 0
well that darker nights mod combined with your mod certainly seemed good when I went to that railroad bridge pass where the soldiers are guarding at the start of the game

The default mod values are too dark for me! In real life you can still see a bit a night. Anyway I tweaked that mod and made it a bit lighter.
And it sems the ambient values in weather_default.ltx does effect the AI detection ability?

in any case you can remain unspotted in the dark areas, and they walk around in flashlights :)
One soldier was right beside me the whole time and he didn't even see me!

Well, the Weather Overhaul mod I'm using renders the nights very realistically imo. It certainly increases the atmosphere. The nights can get pretty dark so during the day it's hard to see but if you play during the evening (in real life) it's alright. It is also scarier that way. ;)

I'm not sure if the AI can see less far in the night with the mod I'm using. It seems they can still spot me pretty well. Well, the bandits at least, they notice me and run away but don't really fire back, elite troops are more aggressive. But I don't mind really, I like the challenge (this game is HARD with the realistic weapon mod!). I'd try Grobut's mod but I'm afraid it will conflict with the other mods I'm using.:(

By the way, does anyone know if there's a way to counter psi-radiation? The kind of stuff you encounter in that factory in Yantar.

I got a nice suit from the scientists btw. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0