• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

• It's Great! Check it out...NOW!!!

Votes: 55 26.6%
  • It's just OK -- worth downloading but...

Votes: 95 45.9%
  • It sucks buckets...

Votes: 57 27.5%

• Total voters
Then are you completely ignoring the tons of bugs it still has, because it seems quite apparent that you are.

I am really glad you know how the game runs on my computer. man, you are surely a special human being. :rolleyes:

Personally, at least when I was there playing on my computer, I noticed no bugs. I was really busy having fun gaming (i know, what a concept! :)) and trying to learn the maps and stay alive though. so maybe that was it.

maybe I will just have to look harder for them. :cool:

@Jaesperson: exactly. the game has been out for what, 3 weeks? I was very pro RO:O when it came out, looking past any bugs (which, at that time, I did not much notice in RO:O either, was too busy having fun). I took the whiners and complainers to task, and pimped the game out the ying yang. I guess the difference is, this is the RO forums and not the INS forums. It would be nice, however, to see all new games be given a break in the criticisms while they are new, as many of us supported RO during the "new times".

anyways, it is what it is. the critics are translucent in their motives.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
anyways, it is what it is. the critics are translucent in their motives.

You think everyone who points out the games flaws has some ulterior motive?

Its an OK game, nothing revolutionary and quite simplistic compared to RO. Can be fun though like CS:S or DOD is fun. But its just not really got anything particularly interesting or innovative about it. Its RO in Iraq without some of its best features and nothing in place of them. Nothing wrong with that, just for me its not amazing, merely OK. The bugs are a slight turnoff, but the killer for me is the glitch that lets you shoot through walls because the 3d model isn't aligned with where you are pointing.

Personally I prefer the type of guns you get in WW2, but thats just a preference..I like single shot weapons like bolts or guns with massive recoil because I feel it encourages good aim rather than spray and pray tactics like you usually get in modern setting shooters. Shooting an AK in iron sights just isn't very satisfying compared to a bolt for me - its very accurate and doesn't recoil much at all.

The graphics are in some ways better than RO, but not as "real" looking to me - bloom just looks too bright and personally theres always something a bit unrealistic about the way things look in the source engine.

The sound though is some of the best I've heard in a game, really immersive and real sounding

Teamwork doesn't really happen from my experience, but should get better when theres only people that really like the game still playing, at the start there seem to have been a lot of ****s giving it a quick try before going back to pwning in CS. The commander feature is not really that interesting to me, nothing that can't be done in RO except for the waypoint and of cause theres 2 squads, but that doesn't really have any impact on public play since the maps are very linear anyway 90% of the time or so small that you don't really need that much tactics

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What Source engine lacks (as most next-gen, and current-gen engines do) is detailtextures.

What is typical about the Source engine is that it looks very flat.

don't know man, there sure are some hills and stuff on several of the maps (I am too new to know the map names ATM). I find the maps and graphics to be superior to BF2. they also load faster.

(shrugs)

Upvote 0
don't know man, there sure are some hills and stuff on several of the maps (I am too new to know the map names ATM). I find the maps and graphics to be superior to BF2. they also load faster.

(shrugs)

Source engine takes ages to load lol.
I dont think Sgt.Henry3 meant hills and stuff though, he's more of a techy :p;) Gotta be something bout the engine ;)

Upvote 0

(shrugs)

By flat I think what he meant is that the textures looks like they're glued to the wall like a poster on a billboard and dont convince you of their "3d-ness".

An example of non flat, deep n' rich textures can be found in Stalker.

Upvote 0
that's as obvious as the day is long (for those that work for a living). like I said, translucent. ;) so, no hardware bugs, that's cool. could not say that about RO in the beginning.

I love hipocrisy! it tastes like chicken.

Sorry buddy, this doesn't have anything to do with RO with the bugs mentioned. But as you are now on vacation, I figure your trolling will cease. I'm not being translucent about any of these matters. I am, however, pointing out the glaring faults in the mod. Things that most everyone I've seen talking about the mod has also pointed out as being faults.

Upvote 0
I'm surprised that people are still persistantly preaching the "flawlessness" of Insurgency. It's far from it. Now this is the bit where someone comes along and says "yeah, it has problems, but it's ONLY A FIRST BETA!" To which I'll now pre-emptively reply (how very George W of me!), "exactly". Come back when it's up to its 3rd or 4th beta and we'll have another go. Right now though, it just doesn't cut it. I know it's revolutionary in the eyes of CS/DoD/CoD/BF players, but they've never known anything other than the gross lack of realism inherent in their previous games. For those of us who've cut our teeth on titles like Raven Shield, Infiltration and RO though, the current build of Insurgency just feels like a throwback to a bygone era.

So I say again, bring it back to our attention when it's in beta 3 or 4 and we'll give it another shot. Until then though, we're not going to buy into anyone's preaching. We've all spent considerable hours on it ourselves and the issues we've raised are not simply the desperate last measures of RO fanboys trying vainly to resist inevitable conversion to a "superior" product. They're very real concerns about very real flaws in a game that has to do more than just talk it up if it wants be go places. To deny that is to, ironically, display Ins fanboyism yourself and that's where I start throwing around sayings concerning the colour of pots and kettles.

Upvote 0

(shrugs)
It's not the hills.

Like said, the textures look kinda dull, as if the meshes/BSP there are on are very plane flatish.

Upvote 0
I saw this over on the Tactical Gamer forums.

"Just wanted to give you all a brief heads up that INS and TG are working together behind the scenes.

We are building an affiliation that will see INS be played the way it was designed to be: tactically.

More info to come as we start setting some things in stone."

Only good things to come from this as the game stands now.

Upvote 0
I saw this over on the Tactical Gamer forums.

"Just wanted to give you all a brief heads up that INS and TG are working together behind the scenes.

We are building an affiliation that will see INS be played the way it was designed to be: tactically.

More info to come as we start setting some things in stone."

Only good things to come from this as the game stands now.

Meaning what exactly? They will mod Ins? Maybe it's only a plan for some server with specific rules.

In any case, put up that link sunking.

Upvote 0