• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

X1800xt and DX10

[Mad_Murdock]

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 28, 2006
Does anyone here know if an ATI x1800xt supports DX10, cause it doesnt say on the box so i'm guessing it doesnt, but i was hoping someone with more experience could help me out, cause i'm upgrading this summer, and i'm already paying way more than expected because i might need a new OS(********ing Vista)

Just to ease things along for those that doubt, I have been running a second computer for a couple of months or so with Vista.

Its made up of spare parts and I have now given it to my son.
Vista 32.
Amd 3000+64.
1.25 go ram.
Nv7600gt AGP.
80g Maxtor.
DVD.

Every thing runs smoothly.
RO.
DODS.
CSS.
PS7
Word+Excel (Office 2000).
WOW.
Raganok.
MSN
Unreal4k + mods.

I had problems with an old SB Live player,(no longer supported by Creative) so we are using the Real Tek on-board sound !

Programmers are working hard to fix any problems and companies are releasing updates and fixes every day.

I've got it down to using about 320 megas of ram(+or-) which leaves enough ram for any game or application by todays standard.

I may even get a copy for myself !

Just to let you know !

Nothing to do with the original question but sometimes my fingers just do their own thing :D !

Upvote 0
Does anyone here know if an ATI x1800xt supports DX10, cause it doesnt say on the box so i'm guessing it doesnt, but i was hoping someone with more experience could help me out, cause i'm upgrading this summer, and i'm already paying way more than expected because i might need a new OS(********ing Vista)

You don't need a new OS. XP will save you more grief than you will ever need.

Upvote 0
I've got it down to using about 320 megas of ram(+or-) which leaves enough ram for any game or application by todays standard.

Just wanted to pinpoint this one thing in particular. Vista has a feature called "SuperFetch" that caches a lot of the more commonly used programs so that they start up faster the next time you use them. When the OS is building this SuperFetch up, memory usage appears to be quite high, however it should be known that the memory is instantly freed the moment you need it or when the indexing is finished (can take a while, but again, the memory is freed the moment you need it).

Upvote 0
Pus-Spewing, Blood-Gutted Hell!!!!!!

Well, now that i can get my blood pressure low enough, let me clarify, i dont have any problems with vista, despite what my post said, i'm fairly cool with the thing, except for the pricetag anyways, its the fact that i'm gonna need a new vid card within the next 12 months that pisses me off, anyways, thanks for the quick response guys, mabbe I should get a credit card? Hmmmmm?

Upvote 0