• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Breaking news!

problem with Crysis is that a Qx6850 quad core and 8800 Ultra is needed to run it! And that's at 1024x768 without all the AA and candy...

The devs said they were surprised the Qx6850 ran it as well as it did...
It has been said that hardware will take another 3-4 years to catch up with Crysis...

Far Cry was pretty much the same story when it was released.
Hard on yer card !

Upvote 0
problem with Crysis is that a Qx6850 quad core and 8800 Ultra is needed to run it! And that's at 1024x768 without all the AA and candy...

The devs said they were surprised the Qx6850 ran it as well as it did...
It has been said that hardware will take another 3-4 years to catch up with Crysis...
What are you talking about? They said you could run it on Ultra Settings with an E6600 and 2GB Ram

Upvote 0
Crysis looks very.. Doom2 in how it plays, you run around never letting go of your left mouse button, pumping magazine after magazine into increasingly bigger enemies, circle strafing around to avoid soaking up too many bullets.
Problem is, i out grew that kind of action many years ago, it nolonger gives me a kick, i find it tedious infact, not enjoyable at all.

This is how the developer chose to play the game in this video. There is clearly the option to do everything by stealth. That's the heart of Far Cry, and it looks like the same thing at heart, just with higher tech weapons. I kind of miss when you were just some guy with a hawaiian shirt creeping through the jungle, though. :(

Upvote 0
This is how the developer chose to play the game in this video. There is clearly the option to do everything by stealth. That's the heart of Far Cry, and it looks like the same thing at heart, just with higher tech weapons. I kind of miss when you were just some guy with a hawaiian shirt creeping through the jungle, though. :(

yeah, but if you cant die easily, then there is no real benefit from stealth, ok, lets just give it a chance and trust that he was playing in n00b dificulty

Upvote 0
yeah, but if you cant die easily, then there is no real benefit from stealth, ok, lets just give it a chance and trust that he was playing in n00b dificulty

I'm assuming that he was. If you can go rambo a bunch of dudes, grab a few by the neck, and pwn everything on 2 feet with very little use of tactics, then this game will be wayyyy too easy.

Upvote 0
180px-Cowbell2.gif

?

Upvote 0

Farcry suffered similar problems, the first few missions where great, but too easy, you could stealth kill anyone, but there really was no need.. you could easilly wipe out a camp full of men, or a group of them walking about, and if you where spotted, it was no problem, its not like one guy could kill you, just do a mag-dump in his chest and keep going.
You could alse just rambo them, didn't really matter.

Then the monkey Trigens came, and stealth did not really work with thouse guys, you might take one by suprice, you might even have enough ammo in a magazine to kill it before it jumped the bush you where in, but it was only a matter of time before you had to Quake it out with them and circle strafe for your life.

Then more and more the game took place indoors and in places where you could not use stealth, and the Trigens got bigger and bigger, and stealth became less of an option every time they grew, and stealth was really just something you used to wear down some of their insane helth points before you had to fight them for real..

Im seeing the same trend from Crysis, you can use stealth on the small enemies, but you dont really need to, its wasted on the big ones, and alot of the time it probably wont be an option.

Its Doom2 with the option of hiding in a bush every once in a while by the looks of it.

Upvote 0