• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Excessive Tk'ing last night

I've been banned twice from the Bad Priests server for tking. Not sure if it's an autoban or admin but it was unwarented. Why? Because each time there was a serial TKer on the server, spawntking & killing throughout the game. So i waited at spawn & tk'd him. Then i took his MG, set up at spawn & evertime he spawned i took him out. After a while i went back to the game to see how he'd taken it but alas he went straight back to tking. So i told the other guys on the team that i would keep him down but they would have to relieve me & explain to admin what i was doing when they turned up & so went back to the spawn & kept this muppet away from the team.
The problem is no one would take over the job of keeping him out of the game. Also i was eventually banned for excessive tking, not sure if it was auto ban or admin but if it was admin i recieved no warning & had no time to explain or for the team to explain. It took me ages to get the ban lifted & i still don't know how it was unless it's a time thing.
So auto ban isn't really the answer because if i see someone TKing like that i always end up taking him out of the game so the team can play& that's all it takes to get rid of these muppets.
Another thing i do is add them to my buddies list. Then everytime i check my buddies if they are on a server i join on their team & chase them round the map reminding them of what they were doin to us a couple of nights before. Ok so they only have to change their names but a lot of people like to keep their names & it also teaches them a bit of a lesson. Imagine if all the team they were TKing added them & did the same when they saw their names?? They would soon learn how wrong they were.
Rob

You would be permanently banned along with the other guy on our server.

Upvote 0
You would be permanently banned along with the other guy on our server.

So you believe i should've just let this guy carry on tking the whole team??
The server was a public server so either have admin on or let the guys police themselves. To ban someone for controlling a rampant TKer i find small minded & unreasonable. If admin was there than no problem. But they weren't for nearly 30 mins & we had to put up with this guy.
What server do you belong to so i know not to go there as you seem to be more interested in rules & punishment than justice & fair play?

Upvote 0
So you believe i should've just let this guy carry on tking the whole team??
The server was a public server so either have admin on or let the guys police themselves. To ban someone for controlling a rampant TKer i find small minded & unreasonable. If admin was there than no problem. But they weren't for nearly 30 mins & we had to put up with this guy.
What server do you belong to so i know not to go there as you seem to be more interested in rules & punishment than justice & fair play?

you would get the same treatment on our server tbh. and several others i know. TK is TK, i dont care for the intention. If i have a look at the server and people intentionally TK, they are gone. There is no obvious difference between a deliberate TKer and one who "tries to control" him.

It has nothing to do with punishment and enforcing it, he's teamkilling, you are teamkilling, end of story.
As for what you should have done, contact an admin. On a well admined server you will have no problem to find one very quickly.

Upvote 0
Auto-ban can sometimes be a little harsh, I was kicked for throwing a grenade at a bunch of bots that were blocking a door, and that was on a TW server :D.

If memory serves me right I believe that I have deliberately tk'ed twice since the game was released.
Accidental team kills probably go into the hundreds (sorry):p.
A "forgive" system like they have for DODS might be welcome.

I will leave a server if there is to much team killing going on, so for me it is a game killer.

Thanks for the Tanks...

Upvote 0
I TK for 2 reasons. To stop another guy from constantly TKing the team. (NO ADMIN PRESENT OR I WOULDN'T NEED TO) & if i get TK'd without an apology. I hate cheats & i hate bad manners. If i get kicked then so be it. I'm still right for my actions & if ANY of you had been on the server at the time it happened you'd have been MORE than happy for me to do what i did. But when someone has a little power comon sense is often drowned by that little power.

Upvote 0
And why didnt u use the kick voting?

Errrrr?? No idea how to:confused::mad:
No one on the server knew how to. You know the standard & the maturity of some of the guys on your server Fronts. That's why we were so pissed off. Someone HAD to do something to stop this idiot. As i'd been playing there for a while i took it on, hoping that admin would ask me what was going on before banning me. They didn't. I've since got Marcels email address which he gave me incase it happens again then i can contact him, as the address on the server information doesn't work.

Upvote 0
you would get the same treatment on our server tbh. and several others i know. TK is TK, i dont care for the intention. If i have a look at the server and people intentionally TK, they are gone. There is no obvious difference between a deliberate TKer and one who "tries to control" him.

It has nothing to do with punishment and enforcing it, he's teamkilling, you are teamkilling, end of story.
As for what you should have done, contact an admin. On a well admined server you will have no problem to find one very quickly.

I have to support his solution. I prefer lesser evil - rather be the teamkiller killing teamkiller, instead of watching how 1 person is ruining game for 20 others. I did it once this way and I had great feeling of succes when (in mod days) one TKer was killed by me just second after he respwned ... he disconnected after 20 attempts/deaths... from then game was again fun and half of server said "thanks" to me ... in other words it is so called "reasonable selfdefence"

Upvote 0
the tk autokick needs to be set to ban till the end of the round otherwise its worthless. too many times lately i see some tker going nuts to get kicked just to rejoin and do it again. Admins not using this setting are just being reckless a 5-6 tk auto session ban would weed out the bad tkers without being a pain to all but the most careless nade spammers.

Totally agree with this and it is what I have been preaching forever it would get rid of the really bad Tkers people with -18 scores should not be possible. Now if we can just get servers to actually do it.

Upvote 0
the tk autokick needs to be set to ban till the end of the round otherwise its worthless. too many times lately i see some tker going nuts to get kicked just to rejoin and do it again. Admins not using this setting are just being reckless a 5-6 tk auto session ban would weed out the bad tkers without being a pain to all but the most careless nade spammers.

5-6 TK's would be one badly placed Arty barrage or the normal idiots you get who ignore the warning & insist on running into arty. I think there should be a way for atry tk's not to be included in the score or kick. After all it's very rarely the SL's fault but the idiots who run into the arty, so why should the SL be punished.

Upvote 0
5-6 TK's would be one badly placed Arty barrage or the normal idiots you get who ignore the warning & insist on running into arty. I think there should be a way for atry tk's not to be included in the score or kick. After all it's very rarely the SL's fault but the idiots who run into the arty, so why should the SL be punished.

there are scalers for explosive TKs and Arty TKs

Upvote 0

I agree with this sentiment too.

I've been kicked through accidental tks when mg'ing or through a bad nade/satchel plenty of times, but I can live with it as long as it prevents some idiot from completely running a game.

Somebody with the moniker "Hitler" :rolleyes: was tking on one of the 50 player servers last night during Kurlandkessel - he'd exceed the tk limit or be kicked from the server through votekick and would simply rejoin over and over again.

I eventually quit on the map change after seeing him rejoin...as did many others.

Upvote 0
Well for all you "well you'd be banned from MY server" power mad guys. I just left TDP server because of a TKer called Melia. He was on Minus 61 when i left. No one could kick vote him & no one could kill him due to spawn protection. He dropped satchels in spawn every time he spawned. So that's where your sad no common sense rules get us all. Guess i'll go watch TV.

Upvote 0
Well for all you "well you'd be banned from MY server" power mad guys. I just left TDP server because of a TKer called Melia. He was on Minus 61 when i left. No one could kick vote him & no one could kill him due to spawn protection. He dropped satchels in spawn every time he spawned. So that's where your sad no common sense rules get us all. Guess i'll go watch TV.

i see your problems and I certainly understand you, I for myself have taken the lesson to not play on that server anymore, since i witnessed something like that several times. On the other hand i wouldnt call that "well admined".

Upvote 0