• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Future Shop's Crysis System Requirements

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
  • Optical Drive: DVD-ROM
  • CPU Speed: Intel 933MHz Processor
  • Disk Space: 2.0GB
  • Display: NVIDIA GeForce 3 64MB or ATI Radeon 8500 64MB
  • Memory (RAM): 256MB
  • Operating System Compatibility: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP, Not Mac Compatible

Awwwww no!!! It's not Mac Compatible!!!:(:D

Seriously though, if those were the real system requirements, I'd laugh my ****ing *** off.:rolleyes::D

Perhaps in the future, computer game code will be so well written, that you could get graphics 10 times better than real life to run on an Intel 486 with 8Mb of ram...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Optical Drive: DVD-ROM
CPU Speed: Intel 933MHz Processor
Disk Space: 2.0GB
Display: NVIDIA GeForce 3 64MB or ATI Radeon 8500 64MB
Memory (RAM): 256MB
Operating System Compatibility: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP, Not Mac Compatible

How could the game take up only 2gb (note that Far Cry took around 4 or 5) hd space and only need 256mb of RAM with the giant levels that it is supposed to have? That seems waaaaaay under what it should be, and the processor? Even RO needs a better one than that. This has to be pure speculation (and apparentally not a very good one) because these seem extremely low. At least it's DVD, I hate having to deal with 4+ cds on installation.

Not Mac Compatible

Sorry Bobdog :p.

Upvote 0
How could the game take up only 2gb (note that Far Cry took around 4 or 5) hd space and only need 256mb of RAM with the giant levels that it is supposed to have? That seems waaaaaay under what it should be, and the processor? Even RO needs a better one than that. This has to be pure speculation (and apparentally not a very good one) because these seem extremely low. At least it's DVD, I hate having to deal with 4+ cds on installation.

I'm pretty sure that this is just somebodys idea of a CRUEL JOKE. The punchline? Poor bastards like me who can't afford an upgrade!:mad:

Wait a second...look at the URL of the link. It's Future Shop . CA...CA as in Canada. Those must be the Canadian system requirements. The requirements will be higher for everyone else, what with the exchange rates and all.:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sorry Bobdog :p.

Bobdog has a PC now :p

Upvote 0
Theres this neat thing about Crysis that if youre, lets say, behind a rock and the majority of the screen is covered with the rock survace, the engine wont render anything behind it, no objectis, physics, etc, only things that are important and are critical to gameplay. Same with indoors. If you go into a house, its like the outside world aint there anymore, just the indoor level. Saves a lot that way.

Upvote 0
Theres this neat thing about Crysis that if youre, lets say, behind a rock and the majority of the screen is covered with the rock survace, the engine wont render anything behind it, no objectis, physics, etc, only things that are important and are critical to gameplay. Same with indoors. If you go into a house, its like the outside world aint there anymore, just the indoor level. Saves a lot that way.

have you ever heard about anti portals in ut engine ? even more, you get replicated only the info what the player see (for network and cpu performance)

I think that what you describe it is a very common feature in almost all current engines. (Ok, with different ways to implement it.)

Upvote 0

Dungeon Siege had this too, i believe.

Upvote 0