• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TW your G41 needs a bayo

That picture shows a mauser m98 karabiner with a bayonet
Uhm...no. Just take a look at the muzzle cap. You can clearly see that this is not a K1r98k, but a G41(W).
Compare it:
slr9.jpg

Oh, and yes - I would also love to see a bayo for the G41.

Upvote 0
What do you mean? Both rifles look exactly the same for me.
Do you mean the little metal "tube" under the barrel/muzzle, as you can see it on the following picture?
G41M_W.jpg

First one is the Walther version, second the Mauser model. Thrid is the normal Kar98k.
Would be the only difference between all this three rifles I see.

exactly. that is why i think it is a Kar 98. And nobody has ever seen a g41 with a bayo

Upvote 0
g41mbay.jpg

this can be pretty easy identified as a G41W imo, and it clearly has a bayo attached to it.

Criteria to identify for me:
-the "thicker" barrel in the front part.
-the wider metal ring on the front (which identifies it as a W)
-the part where the sling is attached to the rifle (again for the W)
-the length of the part netween the 2 above said parts.

Upvote 0
No, it is a G41(W).
You can clearly see it.
Compare it to the picture featuring all three rifles.
Following you can see:
1 - The muzzle cap from the bayo-rifle isn't as thick as the muzzle cap of the G41(M).
2 - The metallic ring directly behind the muzzle cap is flat - it does not feature the stamped egdes you can see at G41(M) and Kar98k.
3 - The distance between the first and second metallic ring on the bayo-rifle is bigger than the distance of the two rings of the G41(M) and the Kar98k.

So, it just has to be a G41(W).

Upvote 0
Surely if you need a bayo on a semi-auto rifle you are doing something wrong- that being either missing repeatedly at very short range, or missing once having mismanaged your ammo.
Unless of course you just love to stab in which case fair enough.

I can think of two situations where bayonet is especially handy on a semi-auto:
- You run into a group of enemies, something like 2-3 guys is easy to take out quickly but after that you are probably out of ammo and have no time to reload. With bayo you still have some chance to kill maybe one or two more. Those situations the best chance is to strike hard, if you fall back to reload the moment is gone and they'll probably get you easily.
- You are attacking multiple enemies from the flank or behind and want to buy time by killing first one or two silently by stabbing in the back. Shooting will alert them instantly and after that you have maybe a second or two to finish them off.

Upvote 0
Since there seems to be a good amount of confusion and failed explanations floating around, I'm going to clear things up.

The pictures that I am providing are of a k98 and its corresponding bayonet. Although these pictures are not of the G41, the procedure and design of the bayonet attachment are exactly the same between the two rifles, even to the point of the bayonets being interchangeable.

k98riflewq1.jpg

In this picture we can see the bayonet lug, muzzle, and cleaning rods outlined for us.

k98bayonetep5.jpg

In this picture we can see the pommel and muzzle ring outlined.

On the bayonet, the "Pommel" is a term used for the entire mechanism that the bayonet uses to attach to the rifle. It consists of a shaped slot that the square bayonet lug fits into, and a smaller and deeper slot for the cleaning rod to fit inside. The pommel also consists of a spring mechanism to lock the bayonet onto the lug, and a small round button to release the mechanism, the button can be seen on the photograph above.

Also on the bayonet we can see the muzzle ring which is designed to fit around the barrel of the rifle just forward of the front sight. Not all bayonets come with muzzle rings and many are just a round groove, but for the k98, most bayonets came equipped with the ring.

Both the bayonet lug and muzzle ring are what hold the bayonet in place.

Like I said above, both the k98 and G41 used the same mechanism for attaching the bayonet.

I hope this helped those of you who were confused about bayonet attachments.

The G41 bayonet should be added to Red Orchestra because it existed and because it can be useful to the players.

Last edited:
Upvote 0