• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

haamuautoco6.jpg

Rule number one: don't do drugs. Especially before combat.

Upvote 0
What are your PC specs?

That looks like a performance eater ...
Current system:
Core 2 Quad Q6600
2GB RAM
8500GT (Worse than my old 6800GT)

It defaults my settings to high/ultra but depending on the situation the frames still drop quite a bit, so I tend to lower some things down to normal. Those pics were with the highest settings save for AF and AA.

Outdoors isn't too bad but damn if the indoor areas aren't killer, and I don't know why.

My old rig (Athlon 2500XP, 1.5GB RAM, 6800GT) couldn't run it on the lowest settings. Well it would run it but my framerate was about 5-10FPS.

Which is lame given that I ran Quake 4 on the old machine on medium just fine and they said if you can run Quake 4 you can run this. They're full of crap.

Upvote 0
Well it is the beta, they're probably still trying to work out the performance issues. Also, how come you got a quad core but only got an 8500?
Long story.

Basically my old computer in my previous post, died completely. Had to buy a new one, and this was a pre-built from Gateway. Not a fan of pre-built but for the price it wasn't too bad. I will be upgrading to an 8800 and a new power supply in the future.

Upvote 0
wow gateway? Should of tried Ibuypower.com or cyberpowerpc.com better prices.
Like I said, I hate pre-builts anyway. It was a bit of an emergency thing. What I was pricing out individually on Newegg was less powerful in the CPU department, but more powerful in the GPU for a little more. So once I get the 8800 and sell this 8500 to a friend (hopefully), I'll be better off.

Upvote 0
Vigil: Blood Bitterness. Point and click adventure with a unique art style.

For some reason it doesn't like games with more than a single core, so I was actually getting 5 FPS in some of these screens (considering the requirements are - 1.2 GHz Processor, 256 MB RAM, 128 MB DirectX compatible 3D graphics card). Bringing up the task manager to set affinity crashes the game, so I might be SOL on beating this one for a while.

Click them for larger.

Upvote 0
The first screenshot looks exactly like my Prince of Persia Sands of Time when I tick the "fog" option.:eek:

EDIT: system requirements aren't what they used to be. If you don't have hardware that is at least twice as good as the so called "minimum requirements" and at least 1.5 as good as the so-called "recommended" requirements you can't even play these games on medium to lowest without having them stutter.

Red Orchestra with a 1.5 GHz P4? My ***.
UT2004 with a 1GHz machine? Haha. As it stands I can't even play any stock AS or ONS map with 1.8 GHz with playable framerates (30-40 is playable for me. I'm not picky) and most of the larger maps in CTF kill the framerate too.

Its just laughable. Why can't devs set the requirements so you know if you meet them as they are written down you can run the game with a god framerate?
One requirement for low to medium details, one for medium to high, and one for super high. No, they have to **** you and pretend that you could run it while you can't, just to get your money.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The first screenshot looks exactly like my Prince of Persia Sands of Time when I tick the "fog" option.:eek:

EDIT: system requirements aren't what they used to be. If you don't have hardware that is at least twice as good as the so called "minimum requirements" and at least 1.5 as good as the so-called "recommended" requirements you can't even play these games on medium to lowest without having them stutter.

Red Orchestra with a 1.5 GHz P4? My ***.
UT2004 with a 1GHz machine? Haha. As it stands I can't even play any stock AS or ONS map with 1.8 GHz with playable framerates (30-40 is playable for me. I'm not picky) and most of the larger maps in CTF kill the framerate too.

Its just laughable. Why can't devs set the requirements so you know if you meet them as they are written down you can run the game with a god framerate?
One requirement for low to medium details, one for medium to high, and one for super high. No, they have to **** you and pretend that you could run it while you can't, just to get your money.

yeah exactly... Minimum specs are the specs required to run the game, but that doesnt mean you have a decent framerate with lowest graphics etc.
Same goes for recommended. Recommended are actually recommendations for medium/high graphics, but again keep it to medium and you still might have stutterings.
For some reason they never show you what it takes to utilise a game's engine to its fullest with everything on highest AND a good framerate without stuttering :confused:

Upvote 0
Well I understand that they can't tell us exactly what we need, because every computer is different, but the requirements are suspiciously far off.
Like you said, they don't give you a "if you have this you can run probably with everything maxed out and 100% if you turn some settings down" but they give you a "if you have this you can load a map and be amazed by the graphics although you won't see them in what you would call "motion"".

The only thing that would make sense to me would be that the "minimum requirements" mean, that if the rest of your system is absolutely top notch, you can have this bad of a cpu/ram/gfx card and you would still be able to run the game. But they sure DON'T mean, that if you have what it sais for all your components, you could run the game properly.

I wonder what the recommended requirements are supposed to be then?:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I hope you guys aren't talking about Vigil's recommendations still... It's just a bug where it can't use multi-core processors, and it's not supported by Vista.

It's not a demanding game, it's just not coded for what I have (quad core) so it's going to run like crap on unsupported hardware/software.

No i was not talking about that.
I was talking about pretty much every game out there.

Upvote 0