• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dumb Luck Moments

I forget the exact name of the map, ro-hill something. I was down in the small pillbox at the mortar position as a german trying to throw a grenade on down the hill thinking thats where the russians were capping the area from. So I accidently hit underhand throw and it landed on the edge of the bunker window. Next thing I know, I got four grenade kills on the russians that were apparently just on the other side of the wall.

Sounds like the custom map hill_flak88.

great map

Upvote 0
Lol, I just got two kills with one shot with PTRD. I didn't even know that's possible. I was playing Elnya and defending Hill 90 and there was a damaged HT and a tanker running around in the village below. I was aiming for the tanker and killed him, but the round also went through him and exploded the HT. It turned out there was a guy also in the HT.

Upvote 0
On the www.pur3gaming.com Arad Real Forests Server:

I was at Allies' first spawn with my 91/30 Sniper Rifle covering North Village.

I see someone lying on top of the arty house in North Village get zinged by the Axis sniper.

I scope in for the hell of it, and I see him, in the tree line of the forest beside South Village.

I put the sight post about a body length above him, fire, and to my surprise, he drops, first shot.
=/

That's a one hitta quitta from the first tree outside of Allies' spawn to the South Village forest.

He was like "Woah, where are you?"

I reply, "I'm at Allies' Spawn."

"Bull****."

"No, really, I'm lying beside the tree closest to North Village, just outside of the Allies' Spawn."

"That's a hell of a shot."

"Yeah, thanks."

:D :D :D XD

Upvote 0
Road to berlin, mod version, I killed a guy in the top window of the church from the beginning of the cemetery, very close to the road... it was with the first bullet of a hipshot with a ppd

some days ago, hedgehog, I hipshot with a MN sniper rifle, the head of a driver who wanted to run me over with his pz3

Upvote 0
Road to berlin, mod version, I killed a guy in the top window of the church from the beginning of the cemetery, very close to the road... it was with the first bullet of a hipshot with a ppd

Heh i had something similair happening to me. It was this beach landing map of stalingrad. I was attacking the last objective when i saw someone say 70 m away. He hipped me with his mg with the first shot.

Upvote 0
It's on old story but never ceases to amaze me.

So I was in Barashka @ the german side of the bridge. A clowncar goes shooting across the bridge and squashes a few of my guys, then crashes. It starts backing up, but it's much too quick for my nade...

So I throw my nade at it randomly and it lodges itself in the front bumper! I shook my head in amazement as he drove off and blew up. :D

Upvote 0
I had a real dumb-luck moment yesterday, playing on the new Debrecen-map:

I was advancing to Village - on my own, from spawn - and climbing a shallow hill-side.
Just as my T34/85 popped over the edge of the ridge and bumped down, I was facing no less than 5 German tanks, closeby setting up for group-attack!

Ohh the HORROR!
They were just as surprised as I was I think, so I immeadiatly turned 180degr. and went 30m down the hill....turned back again and stopped, and pointed my cannon at that edge, and waited.
There the 1st one came over the edge just above me, and I destroyed him with one shell in his belly.
I figured that I wouldn't survive the next encounter, so I left my tank, and loaded my satchels, and started running up the hill towards them.

They all had their cannons at point-blank range, searching for my tank, but suddenly found this lunatic running with satchels amongst them.
My satchels destroyed 2 more tanks, before finally a mg got me.

It was the classic oh-**** moment LOL.

Upvote 0
Danzig I went in to clear the russian sniper building across from the command center as a russky with a ppsh. No germans up there so I look out the window to see if any guys come out from the ruins. I look across to the command center and just see a head and shoulders running along the walkway. he sets up in the corner over the courtyard so I know its a german. I hadnt played RO in about a month so I was a bit rusty, so just raising my gun for a shot while standing unbrace I give a three round burst at him, just his head showing almost, and hit him from there. While an easy shot with a rifle or MG that is the longest subgun kill I have gotten, with the shortest burst.

Upvote 0
I was on the snowy map with the big bridge (Im terrible at remembering names. I was on the hill at spawn when a t34 appeared on our side of the bridge. He was raping me with machinegun fire and I had already been hit in both legs and the left arm when I whipped out a panzerfaust and fired it off as quick as I could... it actually hit the tank and destroyed it... it was a pretty far distance the arc I fired it on was like a mortar lol.

Upvote 0
zomg....best/most hillarious/dumb luck moment ever for me in RO.

Yesterdays i logged on the RTR-Danzig 24/7 server and played some rounds. On one occasion i wanted to go through the store ( east ) up to the langer exit. A german shoots me but only hits the weapon and starts to chace me with his bayo. I turn around and try to hide behind the desk in the store. The guy comes chacing, misses and i ran off. I couldent manage to pick up the gun. ( dammit system ) another german comes, misses his shot....damm i think. I ran up the stairs to the sniper room facing langer. At this point i have three germans chacing me 2 of them desperatly trying to stab me. Smoke goes off as i reach the upper room ( still no weapon ). One russian with a ppsh sits there and i hide behind him praying. The germans enter the room and my buddy let loose...but...misses..and gets stabbed. Now my hands really start to shake and i let out a little prayer and run past the 3 germans downstairs again to my weapon. They must have been little confused but still folow me going for the stab. I managed to pick up the weapon, turn around and the first guy comming at me. Some other russians show up and start shooting at him but...miss. He stabs one of them and i shot him in the back. The other 2 germans that chased me come down the stairs and i manage to take them out too. At this point the mag is empty and another german mows us all down with his mg....all this happen in like 20-30 seconds. It was the most damm lucky/hillarious thing. I just wanted to survive and ran for it....:D:D

Upvote 0