• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO modders, lets hear your pitch!

D3terioNation

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
West Sussex, UK
Now I know its all free, so this isn't serious in the slightest! :)

Im really curious as too how the guys from MN, DH & CC can add features that arent in RO Vanilla? I think its bloody amazing if you ask me :D

For instance, the chaps at MN have enabled a '1 clip at a time' reload system for the Enfield, instead of the system we see for the G41 for example!

The blokes at DH have an over the mg FOV, so you're not locked in IS view like we have in Vanilla!

And the CC guys have just opened a new front with the Romanians, while Ost is yet to see a third nation!!

So what other unique features will we see from you talented fellows?

EDIT

Oh and the team from Ahz, loads of respect to you guys!!! xx

Cheers Drax!

Last edited:
*shrug*.. stuff.. that's secret.. and I can't tell you about yet for MN....

I think alot of the various media releases for the mods and 'misc mod teams' (like Ahz that aren't really working on a 'Mod', but still are a team that works on stuff) show features they've worked on...

For MN, I believe we have a media shot of the No 74 ST 'Sticky Bomb' grenade.. it wouldn't be a 'sticky' grenade if it didn't stick, now would it? :p

Like off hand I know CC released the fact they are including a Wire Cutter equipment, and said something about player-operated mortars.

Given DH's seemingly flagship map is a beach landing, they will probably include some sort of landing craft

Upvote 0
Now, that would be a first in the game industry, having community-made features embedded in a commercial game.

I'd say for the sake of difference and sociality, let's do it! :D

Of course, there would have to be a legal gentlemen's agreement which states you have chosen to donate your material to TWI.
For MN, I believe we have a media shot of the No 74 ST 'Sticky Bomb' grenade.. it wouldn't be a 'sticky' grenade if it didn't stick, now would it? :p
You mean, like the grenade's which are stuck in walls, etc in vanilla RO? :D
Like off hand I know CC released the fact they are including a Wire Cutter equipment, and said something about player-operated mortars.
vRO definately needs those!
Given DH's seemingly flagship map is a beach landing, they will probably include some sort of landing craft
You betcha. ;)

Upvote 0
yeh much like draxxor i'll be keeping my list sealed about whats in DH...we already have a load of new features in game and in fact a mapper/slash coder showed me something this morning that blew my mind (easy now the sick minded lot of you! :D)....ne way wen we get closer to release u'll find out more.

Upvote 0
@All

Just join the beta testing teams of your favourite mod. Nobody is trying to keep secrets from you. They just don't promise us things that eventually don't make it into the final version :p
You have to be 18 though and not in the beta team of another mod, at least they didn't want me in Mare Nostrum because I was already helping Darkest Hour.

Upvote 0
You mean, like the grenade's which are stuck in walls, etc in vanilla RO?

Um.. no.. actually.... I don't see to many grenades that stick to walls? .. or tanks?.. or players?.. 'in vanilla RO' :]

(There's appearently one training incident involving the Home Guard where someone practicing with the No 74ST got it stuck to his uniform jacket.. the trainer managed to help the jacket off of him and get away before the device detonated fortunately.)

Upvote 0
What?! You mean you actually got them to stick to the tank in game? That's incredible! That means that magnetic AT mines can't be far behind!:D

Actually getting it to stick to anything isn't all that hard to do (anyone who played UT will be familiar with the Goo Gun (aka BioRifle)).. so the UScript already exists to handle it..

The fun part would be if you model Magnetic mines (ie: the HHL3kg), then you also have to do Zimmet paste coatings and similar 'anti-mine' coatings...
(even though the allies didn't really have any HHL3kg equivalent iirc, you still gotta worry about someone killing off a German engineer / AT man, and snatching up his HHL3....)

....but that's neither here nor there...

Upvote 0
then you also have to do Zimmet paste coatings and similar 'anti-mine' coatings...
No, it's really isn't that necessary. ;)

antimagnit2.jpg

antimagnit1.jpg

Upvote 0
I assumed they are over 18 :p

And you don't have tell them what you beta test ;)
Haha, but they knew that prior to applying. :/
Um.. no.. actually.... I don't see to many grenades that stick to walls? .. or tanks?.. or players?.. 'in vanilla RO' :]
Hehe, well it does happen occasionally, not as much as it used to in the mod though.

Upvote 0